Andaz 5th Avenue
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$322
$219
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$267
$247
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$201
$134
$302
$269
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Room Service
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$279
$420
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
2,630 results
All reviewsbryant parkthe ny public librarysplash suitenon alcoholic beveragescomplimentary mini barnorth towernew yorkhyatt pointsloft roomcomplimentary winerain showerlight switcheshuge showerdiamond membertimes squaregrand central stationthe check in process
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed in the andaz when in newyork celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary.

There is nothing about this hotel that I could fault!

The room wasn't huge but more than big enough for 2 people. Bathroom was very big with a huge rainforest shower with a foot bath... Just what you need after a long day walking NYC!

Non alcoholic drinks where free in the room and in the huge hidden fridge in reception. This actually saved a decent amount of cash.

There was also a complementary free glass of wine each night too, these small touches were lovely!

The staff where very very friendly!! We were stuck in the hotel when a hurricane hit the city and the staff could not have looked after us any better!!

The location is also brilliant! Right opposite the library with Bryant park behind it. Lovely to sit and enjoy sunset. You can see the empire state from the corner of the hotel and walk to it in 5/10 mins. 5th avenue is also right next to the hotel and walking down it will take you to central park. 15 mins away.
Time square was also less than 10 mins away!!

Overall, we will 100% stay here next time we are in NYC!

It's not cheap, but it was stress free!!

• Stayed: August 2011
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2011

Dear Lynzigree,

We are honored you chose our hotel for your anniversary! I remember our lovely camradie - staff and guests together - while we waited for hurricane Irene to pass.

See you the next time you are back in New York!

Warm regards,

Connie

Reviewed October 8, 2011

The location is perfect. So handy. Could walk to so many places.
The property is very good. Service is excellent. I was impressed by the versatility of the staff. Very efficient and responsive service. Booked restaurants, rearranged travel, loaded luggage on taxis, all with a smile.

A laptop in the lobby was available for guests. Free wi-fi all through.

Room was great, large and comfortable. Bathroom was great, and huge.
Enjoyed the room very much.
Unfortunately the room had some dirty spots that were obviously routinely overlooked (the headboards were visibly dusty, the window panes absolutely filthy on the outside).
Air Conditioning wasn't very accurate, it was either too hot or too cold.

Room Service was ok, but food was not as good as Andaz Wall Street.

Restaurant was very good, both for breakfast and dinner. Good service. Great food. Nice mood.

Really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2011

First, the positives (why this is 2 stars, not 1): Room was spacious & comfortable. Room service was timely and delicious. However, unfortunately, those big positives were overwhelmed by the terrible front desk service. Reception had a terrible attitude when I checked in. I had stayed the hotel in the past. They had no record of this. I tried to mail a stamped, addressed envelope (I was paying a bill). I gave my envelope to the front desk to mail and expected it to be mailed when I'm paying $650/night for a room. It never was. I don't know where my check is, but now I owe late fees. Managers were clueless and rude when I politely called to inquire two weeks after my stay about this. I had poor customer service at the front desk the first time I stayed and didn't think too much about it (I thought it was a part of it being a new hotel) and I held off on staying for a while. Shame on me for returning. There are plenty of other midtown hotels with spacious rooms, good room service and great front desk staff that will get my business in the future. Unless you want to deal with frustrating, poor service, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank Lars7777

Dear CarterR,

I am so disappointed and embarrassed to hear about your service experience in order to get your business in order. I would like to pay for your late fees, and find out more in order to make sure this does not happen in the future. Please contact me via this website or connie.wang@andaz.com.

Warm regards,

Connie

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Great location on 5th avenue, opposite New York Public library & Bryant park, very close to Times square, Grand Central station, Empire State, Rockerfeller, central park, MoMa...all of which is in walking distance..no need for cabs or subways unless you get tired of walking. Staff were great, loved all the free hotel bar i.e. all non-alcoholic drinks are free & all the snacks too...complementary!!
Our loft style room was very luxurious & spacious.

Only let down was the room service - choices for dinner where not that great & the food itself was average for a hotel of this calibre.

On the whole great location & great hotel

Room Tip: Corner suite is large.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SK1212
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We loved our stay at the hotel!!! The staff could not have been more attentive or accomodating-from the free coffee, tea, or water from the minute you walked in, to a nice size umbrella for those nasty, rainy days. The best is the free hotel bar-all the soft drinks and organic bars you want!!! What a treat!!! It's definitely the little things that stand out in this hotel that make it so comfortable!!! The rooms are clean and beautiful-I would definitely stay at this hotel again!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple