Andaz 5th Avenue
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
East Bridge(New York City)
  • Fitness center
Dylan Hotel NYC(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Bryant Park Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Mansfield(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Sofitel New York(New York City)
2,625 results
All reviewsbryant parkthe ny public librarysplash suitenon alcoholic beveragescomplimentary mini barnorth towernew yorkhyatt pointsloft roomcomplimentary winerain showerlight switcheshuge showerdiamond membertimes squaregrand central stationthe check in process
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2011

“I usually don’t take the time to respond to surveys, but the overall experience and the quality of your staff made me want to respond…You are doing a GREAT JOB!!!.......I will be staying at your hotel again and again…”

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This is a very hip, very new hotel. The New York TIMES was sort of trough in its review shortly after it opened saying it was "run by teenagers." Definitely stay in the main tower or you'll feel very isolated and have to take two elevators to get to your room.
The lack of a front desk is disconcerting and when we arrived from another hotel with several pieces of luggage. A "host" comes out and asks us if we want a cart? No, we'd like a bellman if that's not too 20th century. Similarly when I was trying to get the laptop in the library to print I had a hard time finding a "host" who wasn't seated chatting up a guest.
This is not an inexpensive hotel and front desk experience matters. Now their rooms are great, the soft drinks and water are free and refilled daily and all in all I'd rather have a nice
room than super-elegant lobby like the Waldorf-Astoria.
If they can learn that dealing with the issues those of us who travel a lot would like dealt with at the front desk, this could be a great hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank coastda
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Dear Coastda,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and are always working on new ways to make the lounge experience more intuitive, and easy for you to get assistance at the time you need.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Great property. Beautiful building. Really nice suites. Well designed, high ceilings, complimentary fast internet. Room service fabulous. Excellent staff, friendly, efficient, very professional.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank borwukNewYork
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I've stayed at a couple "boutique" hotels in Manhattan and this one by far out does them all. The customer service was excellent from the moment I checked in. Free coffee and water in the lobby. Their complimentary wine from 6-9! Free and NY are rarely in the same sentence. The room's fridge is stocked with beverages that are also complimentary! The rooms were great, I especially loved the shower with the waterfall effect.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Areobee

Dear Areobee,

Great to hear you enjoyed your visit so much, and that you loved the service and room. We look forward to having you back in the future!

Reviewed September 28, 2011

To be fair, overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Andaz 5th Ave. The location was superb, the service impeccable, and the complimentary wifi and snack bar were appreciated. However, of course, there is always a but...the rooms have very little storage space. There was one tiny closet enough to hang 4 shirts and 2 pants. My husband and I literally lived out of our suitcase for 6 nights. This may not seem like a big deal but when you have nowhere to put your clothes for 6 days, it gets annoying fast. Also, please be aware that there is a restaurant/bar right next to the hotel that plays very loud music. On our last night at the hotel, on a Tuesday night, we were kept awake until 1:00 am because of the loud music. I called the front desk at 11:20 pm and they advised they expect the music to stop in 10 minutes. That, did not happen. At midnight we noticed the volume went down a bit but the bass continued. They finally turned the music off around 1:00am. Needless to say we were not happy. For an upscale boutique hotel, they should at least offer a good night's sleep, without the loud party music on a Tues. night!!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Nycy

Dear Nycy,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, and I thank you for your recognition of our staff's service! I agree with you that for a 6 night stay, the storage in some of our rooms is not sufficient. What we should have done is offer to place any of our addtional movable drawers to make you more comfortable. As for the music on Tuesday night - please email me at connie.wang@andaz.com so that I can provide you with a refund - a good night's sleep is what we promise!