Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:30 PM

Wonderful, informative tour

Reviewed May 24, 2018
Elise G
Montgomery Village, Maryland

All reviews corny jokes alexander hamilton informative tour jimmy harlem politics mansion
Reviewed September 2, 2018

Our tour guide Kevin was most informative and humorous (something most needed to lighten the mood on a day with the temperature 100+). We covered 42nd St from 1st to 5th Ave including Tudor City, The News Building, Chrysler Building, Grand Central, and NY Public Library. I highly recommend this tour and guide. It was also interesting how many countries were represented by my fellow attendees.

Reviewed May 24, 2018

We loved every minute of our Hamilton Tour with Jimmy and Gregory. What a pair! Gregory really lives up to his name - he was very gregarious! Not to mention entertaining and kind and the fact that he is a dead ringer for Leslie Odom Jr. was a bonus for me! (lol) Jimmy is a Rock Star and I could listen to him (and his corny jokes) all day. It poured throughout the whole tour and the Morris Jumel Mansion was closed, which was a disappointment - but we still had the best time. Would recommend this outfit to anyone!

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

This very informative (and sometimes funny) tour starts at the Morris Jumel Mansion with a brief background story of the mansion and Washington's history there. Ending at Hamilton's home that now rests at Hamilton Place and W 141sr St. The time in between is filled with knowledgable and interesting insight on the history of Alexander Hamilton. These guys (Gregory and Jimmy) know their stuff and may be even more passionate that Lin. I really loved the parallels Jimmy hinted at between the politics of today and "back in the day". A great way to spend an afternoon!!

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I had a blast on Jimmy's tour. He is so knowledgeable and funny! Definitely stay to visit The Grange when the tour ends. We had a ball and Jimmy's storytelling and enthusiasm can not be beat!

Reviewed February 7, 2017

We took Hamilton's Wall Street in the frigid cold (for us South Texans!). It was a wonderful, not-to-be-missed experience. Jimmy Napoli and his cohort, Greg, were passionate, enthusiastic and swept us up in their narrative of Hamilton and his exploits. Of course, there were references to the hit musical, as well. It is such a delight to see history made so interesting and inviting. Napoli has a great sense of humor and is an accomplished punster. In fact, this tour was even fun to book, thanks to Ted and the puns he exchanged with me during the booking process.

Although most of the original buildings have long since disappeared, Jimmy and Greg took us to the few remaining relics of Hamilton's time and to places where once stood famous buildings, and spun an enticing tail of the man on his mission. They top off the tour with a trip to a tavern, where they spent a great deal of time just talking and making every one of us feel like we had known them for ever and are fast friends. It was the highlight of the trip!

I can not wait to take other tours from these guys!

Reviewed December 1, 2016

We went on Hamilton's New York Walking Tour. We were expecting Jimmy Napoli to give the tour, but his associate Gregory showed up instead. We were not disappointed! Gregory was very knowledgeable and entertaining. It poured throughout our tour, but we were so enraptured by Gregory's stories that we barely noticed the wind and rain. I would recommend this tour to anyone - especially those who are Hamilton fans.

Reviewed November 27, 2016

I took the Hamilton tour of Harlem and it was unbelievable. It was like having the most brilliant professors at our fingertips. Not only were the guides hilarious, brilliant and kind, they were also so generous with taking the time to answer extra questions as we walked. This is clearly a company run by people who love what they do, and don't do it for the money. It's extremely affordable. i will definitely use them the next time I'm in NYC - Literary Tour sounds good to me....

2  Thank OlimpicoRocks
Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

Jimmy Napoli delivers a wealth of information on Hamilton and his contemporaries, the history of New York and our country in its earliest years with energy, enthusiasm and a whole bunch of very corny jokes (several of which I'm certain to steal). An added bonus is that many of the blocks in the Hamilton Heights section of the city are quite beautiful and relatively quiet (think tree lined streets with lovely turn of the century town houses) I've been to the city a thousand times but never to Hamilton Heights but I'm already looking for a reason to return.

1  Thank hanleydouglas
Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

Whether your a fan of Hamilton or of US History (or both!), you'll love this tour. Jimmy is a spark plug of energy and a font of knowledge, and has a clear passion for his subject and the art of giving a great tour. He and his fellow guide Peter kept the 3+ hours fast moving and fun, with great cheesy jokes that adults and kids loved. Washington Heights is a great neighborhood too. Make sure to arrive early to see the Morris-Jumel House, and book the 2 pm tour at the Hamilton-Grange house for a good bookend.

Reviewed October 3, 2016

We were on the Hamilton Wall Street Tour. Jimmy Napoli was our guide and he was AMAZING! We did it the day before we went and saw the play "Hamilton" and were so glad we did. We enjoyed it so much more with the knowledge that we had received from Jimmy. Easy walking-lots of information> I would do this again with Jimmy and highly recommend it!