“Don't Go Hungry!!”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Greenwich St.
Transit: The 1, 2, 3, A, C and E trains stop at West 14th Street.
Description: Recette is an urban American restaurant that marries traditional and progressive techniques and flavors. The sophisticated yet approachable menu is designed so that diners can order just as they please. Broken down into Snacks and Plates, the menu offers something for everyone while giving diners the ability to order several dishes, or if they choose, share amongst the table. The menu for Recette [Recipe in French] celebrates bold flavors and playful touches. Chef Jesse Schenker manipulates ingredients and temperature to create maximum flavor. Menus will change frequently to showcase fresh products and twists on seasonal American favorites. Here, guests may choose to start with dishes such as Kimpachi with uni, blood orange, jalapeno and mache or Duck Carpaccio with chicken liver mousse, apple and thyme. Larger offerings include Cod, olive oil poached with smoked bacon, savoy cabbage, shellfish emulsion and Braised Pork Belly with rock shrimp, baby turnips, romesco and Sherry caramel.
Reviewed April 20, 2016

I know small plates are small, but here they are ridiculous. Try minuscule. One of our group ordered the bone marrow toast. The rounds of toast were the size of a quarter. We had a good laugh over this dish.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Trisha J

Reviewed April 17, 2016

My husband and I dined at Recette yesterday on a weekend trip to NYC. The entire experience was superb. Service was better than we have experienced anywhere lately. The Chef's 10 course tasting menu was absolutely delicious, and the Chef was kind enough to accommodate my pregnancy restrictions. The entire 10 course experience lasted about 2.5 hours, which is what I would expect for 10 courses. The variety and progression of plates kept us interested and enjoying many flavors. The impeccable service was the cherry on top, turning a last minute quick dad night into a truly memorable experience.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed April 3, 2016

Went to restaurant asked what drinks we wanted gave our order, they also brought water with it. Not thinking we would be charged for it they kept bringing us water and topping up our glasses. Practically there all the time filling up glasses . We ended up paying over 30 dollars for WATER funnily enough they ran out of the cheapest wine so ended up with a 40 dollar bottle 35 dollar tip that's before we had food. I had a pizza which was ok very very expensive meal felt sooooooooo ripped off x

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank secretsquirell
Reviewed March 13, 2016 via mobile

I hadn't been to Recette in many years so I wanted to revisit with friends. We ordered a mix of small plates and larger plates. The first round came out in a decent time. But we waited what seemed like an endless time for the larger plates. The restaurant was almost full and I understand they were busy but they should be used to that and do a better job of pacing. The desserts came out almost immediately after we ordered them. The hamachi was nice. The beef carpaccio was fairly bland. The skate was good. The duck was very good and I liked the vegetables medley. The langoustine was pricey and a small portion of langoustine but I enjoyed the whole dish. I enjoyed the desserts. The "hot" chocolate was good. As was the Black Forest.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed February 21, 2016

Had brunch here for the first time, have passed by many times and decided to give it a try. A very nice bright room, big windows on 2 sides. The crowd was very nice, well dressed but casual, all seemed to be having a good time, peaceful, not loud. Our waiter was a bit overwhelmed, I think he was the only waiter working the whole room, but he did a fantastic job. Very pleasant, attentive, made sure we were taken of, the water/coffee girl was also very nice, big smile, she was at ease, I liked them both. We both ordered the Bratwurst with grits and eggs. Very nice and smooth grits, creamy, which I love. Wish it would have came with toast, but overall very good. I would recommend Recette for a pleasant & quiet Sunday afternoon.

Date of visit: February 2016