“Something for every level of photographer”

New York City Photo Safari
Iconic New York Photography Tour
Ranked #18 of 596 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join NYC Photo Safari for a unique photographic experience to sharpen your photography skills. Led by published industry professionals, our photo walking tours of New York are for small groups & individual photographers; from beginner to advanced amateur skill levels.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Auckland, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Something for every level of photographer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

New York City Photo Safari saves your friends and family from having to sit through another boring slide show of your latest adventures.

Zim, the instructor, is engaging, sarcastic and knowledgeable. Providing a great balance of learning and fun, Zim promises to change your life, photographically speaking.

I attended the Central Park workshop as a beginner photographer with my Lumix point-and-shoot, while my partner had his fancy schmancy SLR Nikon D90. We were equally entertained and challenged by Zim's rules, tips and assignments. We focused on the rule of thirds, composition, lighting and camera angles.

It was a great way to not only learn a thing or two about photography, but see a popular New York City destination through a completely different lens. It was the first, and probably only time, during my trip that I slowed down and spent some time inspecting, observing and discovering an area in detail.

Thanks Zim!

Visited January 2011
2 Thank JennLaidlaw

• Hebrew first
La Rochelle
“What a great day! Learning has never been such fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

As said mother - I would just like to add my thanks to Zim for a super afternoon. She listened to what we asked for and gave lots of insider tips on everything from simply holding a camera correctly, through advice on tripods and superb tuition on composition and framing! All done in a very hands on way so that the lesson was learned and won't be forgotten.
The photos taken since are way better than those taken previously - taking a bit of time to 'find the shot' in a particular situation really pays off!
Thanks once again for a great afternoon.

Visited December 2010
New York City, New York
“Brilliant way to jump start your photography, and even a great rainy day activity.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

Decided to book a private lesson for 2 to pair with my Mum's new camera. We went together and I learnt more in a couple of hours than in months of camera ownership. The instruction was clear and friendly and really helped you take away core principles burnt into the mind that have stayed with me as I continue shooting on my own.

Even better, we were shooting in the Metropolitan museum which was great. For those not familiar, this museum makes extensive use of skylights and glass walls to provide daylight to outdoor exhibits that have been brought indoors. Given that it was freezing outside that day it was great to have an activity where we could get out and about and still stay warm and dry. Strongly recommended, just a great day out.

Visited December 2010
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great photo class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2010

Zim is so friendly and a pleasure to work with. She is easy to talk to and teaches a great class. I learned some great techniques to be able to get pictures of my daughter on my own. I took this class with a discount code otherwise I'm not sure I would have signed up for the full price without knowing what the class would consist of.

Toronto, Canada
“Had a great time. Learned a lot.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

Highly recommend to anyone interested in learning photography and having fun at the same time!