Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience New York City Photo Safari
from $120.00
More Info
All reviews professional photographer photography skills instructor zim great teacher night photography great shots central park tips and tricks interesting photos learned how learn how learning how new york small group great sense of humor times square three hours
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great photo session with Zim ! Thanks a lot Zim for the great session we had in central park, we have learned so much and it will for sure improve our photo shooting in the future ! Amazing tips on how to use our cameras and overall shooting ! We will for sure book some time if we go to new york again ! Thanks for the great experience

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I live in New York and I recently took this photo safari to learn more about photography and my camera. I gained new photographic skills but I also learned to see my city differently. I can’t think of a more unique way to spend an afternoon that is fun, educational, and helps you take better pictures. New Yorkers should do it. When your friends come to town, you should have them do it. We all love taking pictures. Up your game and take even better ones or help your friends to do the same.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I did the Iconic New York Part 1 tour with Zim. She arrived promptly at the appointed time and greeted me in a friendly, but professional way. She showed me a few of my camera’s settings that I wasn’t taking full advantage of and then we were off to The Empire State Building, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, the Subway, and finished up on the southeast side of Central Park. I learned lots of things, but my favorites were how to use angles to make my shots more interesting, how to better position myself, and how to shoot the subway using a slow shutter speed and still have the proper exposure. You need to be able to walk briskly, and it helps to have a Metro card, as you will ride the subway. Zim also shared some of her knowledge about the city and encouraged questions. She’s a great teacher, with a good sense of humor and enough patience to deal with tourists who want to take good shots of NYC. I highly recommend this tour.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've just started out in photography (5 months) but I finally wanted to give night photography a shot. Getting started seemed a little overwhelming so I went on this tour hoping to learn a bit of the technicals and to get some good photos and I got exactly just that. Zim's expertise is second-to-none and her sense of humor is really good at keeping the mood light and fun. She's more than willing to answer any questions you may have and has some great stories up her sleeve. I would highly recommend this tour to any amateur photographer.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had a great experience on the Iconic Photo Safari (Part 2) with Zim. Zim was incredible helpful, sharing her expertise and helping me (as a total beginner) understand more about composition as well as about my camera. She had great tips on how to frame photos and was very patient. I’d definitely recommend this tour to anyone looking for help on how to best photograph NYC’s urban environment.

Date of experience: July 2019