“Fun and informative”

Manhattan Architecture Photography Tour
Ranked #19 of 652 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Want to take home great photos of your NYC visit? Join NYC Photo Safari for a unique photographic experience to sharpen your photography skills. Led by published industry professionals, our photo walking tours of New York are for small groups & individual photographers; from beginner to advanced amateur levels. You'll take home skills and memories for a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I found myself in NYC after a business trip and thought it would be great to spend a couple of hours wandering around Central Park with my camera and some like minded folks. I booked the tour hoping the guide would take us to some spots in the Park that I wouldn't have found myself as well as giving me some tips. Unfortunately the weather had other ideas! Rain, rain, rain.

Rather than try to drag us around in the rain for 3 hours the safari folks got on the phone and did there best to rearrange. I always think the true mark of customer service is how well a company does in sorting stuff out. This was not there's to fix, they can't control the weather, but they went to great lengths to ensure we still had a great day.

We met in the Metropolitan Museum instead of thePark and spent a wonderful morning with Zim. Her knowledge and patience were awesome - she even gave me her camera because I'd only taken a prime lense which didn't suit the venue.

Thanks guys for going the extra mile and giving me a great memory and some fab shots to go home with.

NYCPhotoSafari, Guest Relations Manager at New York City Photo Safari, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Ange-Craig,

Thank you for a very positive review. It's unfortunate that sometimes the weather does not cooperate. It's always a struggle for to try to manage weather issues but we try our best to accommodate everyone even when the weather turns bad. It's GREAT to hear that our procedures were seamless for you and did not inconvenience you in any major way.

All the best,

in 138 reviews
"learn how"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed November 23, 2013

The Photo Safari was educational and fun Learned a lot about composition and lighting. Took a lot of pictures and Zim was great giving analysis and pointers on each. It was all about taking great shots and I certainly improved with her help. Thanks Zim!!!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I did the Iconic New York Photo Tour and learned so much on the tour. I would 100% recommend this photo tour and will be doing another one when I return to NY in the near future!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The NYC After Dark Safari was my second tour with New York City Photo Safaris. I'm an ambitious amateur photographer and my goal was to get a better understanding of flash photography. Zim, my instructor, explained all the settings and effects in an easy to understand way; every new setting was practiced with different exercises straight away. Results were reviewed and, were needed, Zim gave tipps for improvement. She showed us top spots for getting breathtaking shots of NYC at night around Times Square. The results speak for themselves, I took all pictures added to this review during the safari. I can highly recommend this tour!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Really brilliant course. Great fun to be shown some views I wouldn't have otherwise seen and picked up some great hints about creative photography! Zim is a very passionate photographer and great tutor - really knowledgeable and patient with everybody and ensures that no-one is left confused. Fantastic! Not only was the course great, but Zim's enthusiasm is so infectious (and her photography skills are outstanding!) that it's made my waning interest in photography truly come alive again. Thank so you much Zim.