“Photo Safari at Metropolitan Museum”

New York City Photo Safari
Iconic New York Photography Tour
Ranked #21 of 660 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Want to take home great photos of your NYC visit? Join NYC Photo Safari for a unique photographic experience to sharpen your photography skills. Led by published industry professionals, our photo walking tours of New York are for small groups & individual photographers; from beginner to advanced amateur levels. You'll take home skills and memories for a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The Photo Safari was educational and fun Learned a lot about composition and lighting. Took a lot of pictures and Zim was great giving analysis and pointers on each. It was all about taking great shots and I certainly improved with her help. Thanks Zim!!!

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"learning experience"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I did the Iconic New York Photo Tour and learned so much on the tour. I would 100% recommend this photo tour and will be doing another one when I return to NY in the near future!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The NYC After Dark Safari was my second tour with New York City Photo Safaris. I'm an ambitious amateur photographer and my goal was to get a better understanding of flash photography. Zim, my instructor, explained all the settings and effects in an easy to understand way; every new setting was practiced with different exercises straight away. Results were reviewed and, were needed, Zim gave tipps for improvement. She showed us top spots for getting breathtaking shots of NYC at night around Times Square. The results speak for themselves, I took all pictures added to this review during the safari. I can highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Really brilliant course. Great fun to be shown some views I wouldn't have otherwise seen and picked up some great hints about creative photography! Zim is a very passionate photographer and great tutor - really knowledgeable and patient with everybody and ensures that no-one is left confused. Fantastic! Not only was the course great, but Zim's enthusiasm is so infectious (and her photography skills are outstanding!) that it's made my waning interest in photography truly come alive again. Thank so you much Zim.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I did the Upshot Safari in October. Zim was passionate at showing us a different angle on photo's of iconic buildings. She spread herself around making sure we all understood the instructions she was giving us so as to get some great photo's. Loved it!

1  Thank Fletchphil
NYCPhotoSafari, Guest Relations Manager at New York City Photo Safari, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Fletchphil,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear that you and everyone on your Photo Safari received personal attention. This is why we keep our groups small. We're also happy to hear that you got some great photos as well. We would love it if you would share some of your images with us via email at info@newyorkcityphotosafari.com or on ourf acebook page: fb.com/nycphotosafari

We'll look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in NYC.

Best,