“Fantastic-highly recommended.”

Central Park Photography Tour
Ranked #19 of 640 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Want to take home great photos of your NYC visit? Join NYC Photo Safari for a unique photographic experience to sharpen your photography skills. Led by published industry professionals, our photo walking tours of New York are for small groups & individual photographers; from beginner to advanced amateur levels. You'll take home skills and memories for a lifetime.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I participated in 2 photo safaris—UPShot and Central Park—both instructed by Zim. These tours have been a highlight of my holiday to NYC so far.

Zim is extremely knowledgable with both the technical and creative side to photography and helped me enhance my creative side by thinking more about the fundamentals of composition, not about the gear I am using.

A fantastic tour made better by an excellent guide.

1  Thank Hilton L

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had a wonderful experience with the pro photographer Zim. She was very patient with our entire group. Showed amazing ways to take awesome pictures and the tricks to do it in the future. Great fun and met nice people from different parts of the world. Would do this again in another city. I would highly recommend to anyone!!! The price the the experience was very fair and worth the value.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

This safari was a highlight of my trip to New York City. It delivered on what it promised and more. We were shown great vantage points to shoot iconic buildings and spots in New York as well as given highly useful tips and reminders on exposure and composition. Zim was wonderful. She managed to make the safari useful and fun for a wide variety of skill and experience levels. I thoroughly enjoyed the morning and look forward to participating in more in the future.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I received this safari adventure as a gift and couldn't be happier with the experience. With Zim at the helm, my two Australian classmates and I were treated to an informative and fun session that left me rethinking how I take photographs. Zim was knowledgable and encouraging and helped me to see how perspective, height, angle, and lighting can really change a shot.

We traipsed all through Central Park, and I returned home with a flash card chock full of great photos. I'm so happy my sister gifted me this class, and I look forward to taking another one in the future. :)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Signed up to do a night photo safari and a morning photo safari and was not disappointed. Zim, the guide is full of energy and zest, has bags of passion for photography and is willing to share here more than 20+ years as a photographer. Learned a lot of new techniques for this new area of photography for me.

Highlight recommended if you are in NYC and want to get some cool off-the-beaten images as well as some of the more familier sight.

Best regards