Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from New York City Photo Safari tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience New York City Photo Safari
More Info
All reviews professional photographer photography skills instructor zim great teacher photo composition night photography camera settings central park hand warmers tips and tricks skill level great shots learned how night safari shutter speed new york learning experience
Reviewed yesterday

I had a 1-on-1 workshop with photographer Zim. She helped me to easily improve my photographic skills on the streets in Chinatown. It was a fun and really satisfying experience.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Our guide Zim created a fun and informative atmosphere.
From camera settings to composing the shots she had suggestions, tips and directions that should help me for years to come.My wife was shooting with an iPhone 8 and I a full frame DSLR. Could well be that the iPhone photos were better.We saw sights, learned about the city and most important grew as photographers.

Reviewed 2 days ago

I have been NYC plenty of times but never through the eyes of Zim! We learned about composition and angles. It was a great experience and can't wait to go to the Central Park at night tour.
Thanks Zim for not making us feel inexperienced.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

I rate the safari photo with Zim in five stars. It was great, she is super experienced and made us feel free to question. I really enjoyed it, and hope to return soon and make another safari.

Reviewed 4 days ago

Our instructor, Zim, was fantastic! She is a gifted teacher and made us all feel at ease while we fumbled around with our settings. In addition to learning more about camera settings, Zim helped us "see" what we were shooting by challenging our composition. All this a bunch of laughs along the way. I look forward to taking another class with Zim in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 days ago

Decided to enrolled in a photography workshop during my stay in New York . Zim was fantastic , she gave me so much tips and suggestion to improve my photography skills. Her sense of humor made the whole workshop experience enjoyable and fun. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to check out New York and love to see it from a different perspective.

Reviewed 6 days ago

Energetic and knowledgeable with a just the right amount of attitude you will enjoy your time spent with Zim and walk away with more than a few amazing pic’s. I have taken several classes with Zim and have enjoyed them all. You will learn how to make your pictures more interesting and she will point out photo opportunities most people miss. Be prepared to keep shooting until you get it just right!

1  Thank Roving42991294972
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Zim truly knows what she is doing and is always willing to help and share knowledge. I have done a group and a private session with her and I learned a lot.

Besides that, she knows the best places to go in New York and other locations as well. Does not matter if you are a beginner or a professional, you will finish the tour with great pictures and a lot of extra pieces of information!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I live right across the river in New Jersey, so I know the City very well, but I signed up for the Times Square at night workshop because it was sounded interesting and was something I've never done before (In fact despite coming to NYC often, I had not been in Times Square for years).

We had a small group which allowed our tour leader, Zim, to spend a lot of time providing suggestions and critiquing our work. Zim was fantastic at explaining the concepts at hand and really emphasized "dumbing down" the technical terms to make them easier to understand. I appreciated that because not all workshop leaders do that. Lastly, she's hilarious and kept us laughing all night.

Clearly NYC Photo Safari targets out of town visitors but as a local I really enjoyed the workshop and would definitely recommend it to everybody.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Zim was so knowledgeable! She taught me so many features on my phone camera that I never knew existed! She was patient and had me looking at buildings in a whole new perspective. We were in a group of 4 and got plenty of attention and help. Would definitely love to take another class with her!