“A great way to see the city”

New York City Photo Safari
Book In Advance
Manhattan Architecture Photography Tour
Iconic New York Photography Tour
Central Park Night Time Photo Tour
Ranked #19 of 627 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join NYC Photo Safari for a unique photographic experience to sharpen your photography skills. Led by published industry professionals, our photo walking tours of New York are for small groups & individual photographers; from beginner to advanced amateur skill levels.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
New York City, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great way to see the city”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Take a camera anywhere in NYC and you'll be amazed at what photos you can compose. I say compose and not shoot, because digital cameras waving in the air usually don't reflect the most remote image one imagines could appear. Look for the little, the unusual things. You are certainly not the first person to want to take a photo of the Empire State Building, for example, and those who shoot postcards do a much better job..

Visited June 2013

• Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
“Don't do.”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I decided to take this tour to better myself as a photographer but was greatly disappointed by the rudeness and lack of knowledge that my instructor, Zim, exhibited. She automatically treated me like a teenager who didn't know anything about photography, and decided there wasn't any point in trying to teach me anything. Zim only helped the other man in the group because he was more of an adult and would "benefit" from teaching. It was a horrible experience and I didn't learn anything.

Visited July 2013
NYCPhotoSafari, Public Relations Manager at New York City Photo Safari, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Chitown735805,

Thank you for providing a review about your photo tour. We are sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with your experience.

All of our instructors are working professional photographers and all have accredited degrees in photography and are extremely knowledgeable about both the technical and aesthetic aspects of photography. Our photo workshops are designed to be small so that our instructors can have the time help everyone learn better photography; our instructors are also asked to be critical. We believe the best way to learn is through critical feedback. Our instructors are never to be rude. The problem you described, regarding not receiving enough attention, is extremely unusual as our groups are among the smallest in the industry.

Our Safaris often have participants of every skill level; we keep our groups small so that our instructors are able to address each individual’s wants. There is always a balancing act for our instructors to provide enough information to more advanced participants while not overloading beginners.

We reached out to you two weeks ago. We are committed to making sure that all of our customers leave with a positive experience with our company. Please contact us at your earliest convenience (info@newyorkcityphotosafari.com) or 1-888-799-6078 .

Diane

NYCPS
Palm Beach Gardens
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Don't Pass this Class up”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My daughter, her friend, and I all took this class with Zim. We met in Central Park and spent a wonderful day with her and left with a wealth of knowledge and great pictures. Thank you!!!

1 Thank Holly894
Harrogate, United Kingdom
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Taking another look”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was something that I had tried to fit in several times before on my visits to NY. I finally managed to book a photo safari. The only available venue on the dates I would be there was Iconic New York, this was not disappointing in any way. Mark met us and immediately set us to task. An excellent way to get a different perspective of New York Iconic buildings

Delhi
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great way to see a slice of NYC”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Along with my son I decided to take the upshot tour with an entry to the top of the rock. With Zims humor and tips it was getting great advice on composition, angles and other aspects of photography.
After that i shot some amazing pictures of the rest of the trip. Recommended if you are in NY.

Visited June 2013