“A wonderful photo safari”

New York City Photo Safari
Iconic New York Photography Tour
Ranked #19 of 605 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join NYC Photo Safari for a unique photographic experience to sharpen your photography skills. Led by published industry professionals, our photo walking tours of New York are for small groups & individual photographers; from beginner to advanced amateur skill levels.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A wonderful photo safari”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Zim is a terrific photography instructor and tour guide. She taught me quite a bit about composing images, skills that I happily brought home with me. I highly recommend a photo safari with her.

2 Thank Luco2

• Hebrew first
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A fun way to start our trip.”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We did the Central Park Safari. Our instructor was great and the class size was intimate enough that she was able to help each of us at our skill and equipment level. My daughter learned how to use her new camera and I learned how to use the camera in my new smart phone.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank tghalsted
NYCPhotoSafari, Guest Relations Manager at New York City Photo Safari, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear tghalsted,

Thank you for your great review. We definitely agree that a Photo Safari is a great way to start a NYC holiday. It helps insure that you'll be able to take great photos for the rest of your trip. As you noticed, our instructors can help anyone with any kind of digital camera create a great photograph! We're glad to hear that you both you and your daughter had a good time, and thanks again for the review!

Do join us again when you are back in NYC.

Los Angeles, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It was a great experience!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Frank was an awesome instructor! He provided me with a lot to think about as I continue to practice the art of photography. Despite the rain and wind and cold weather, I'm really happy with the photo safari. I loved seeing the Highline elevated park at the same time!

1 Thank debzcpa
Dear debzcpa,

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you had a great time on your Photo Safari with Frank and that you learned a lot. Frank is a great photographer and a great teacher too. It sounds like he definitely taught you how to get the most out of your photography on a bad weather day! Please join us again the next time you are in the city!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Professional, educational, fun experience - A 5 Star Review”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is an unsolicited review of my NY Photo Safari experience. I went to this site to locate the perfect NYC experience and TripAdvisor and NY Photo Safari did not let me down!

We opted for a private, 2-person lesson. And Zim was responsive, courteous, and very accommodating. Regarding her professional expertise, it was certainly top notch. I felt that I left with a better understanding of how to use my camera and how to better take a focused picture. I think expecting anything more would require many more lessons (that I do hope to take more in the future with her).

Regarding some recent feedback regarding trial by error instruction, costs, and solicitation of positive feedback...I feel very strongly about posting this response. Every single lesson learned involves trial by error, on-the-job training, etc... I find it very curious to know when one learns something by sheer direction without having to "give it a go" on their own. Zim forced me out of my comfort zone and told me to take some pictures - honestly, how else was I going to learn what I was doing wrong? And I certainly think that the price was amazing given the sort of one-on-one instruction received. If you want more instruction, I would certainly opt for the private lessons which are just a few dollars more.

Best wishes on your continued success NY Photo Safari. And thanks to TripAdvisor and all of your posters to helped me find a perfect activity for my girls weekend.

2 Thank Jean W
Surrey
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“We learned so much”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Did a Central Park photo safari with Zim on Friday 3rd May. She is very enthusiastic about photography and spends lots of time explaining how to get the best from your camera. Although there were about 7-8 of us on the safari she managed to spend time with everyone explaining things and looking at your pictures and showing you how to improve them. Who knew that shooting into the sun could create such images!!! we were really impressed. Would have liked to do another safari but we were on a very tight sightseeing schedule but this is definitely a top thing to do in New York if you are in to photography or want to learn more about how to take really good holiday shots to impress your friends. After this my shots of the rest of our New York trip were really good and my Brooklyn Bridge was very impressive I thought.

1 Thank 2togo2enjoy
NYCPhotoSafari, Public Relations Manager at New York City Photo Safari, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear 2togo2enjoy,

Thank you for the great review. Yes, a NYC Photo Safari is definitely about learning how to get the most out of any camera and how to take great pictures of the New York City. We always keep the groups small; it's one of the reasons why you were able to get the attention from your instructor that you did.

We're glad to hear that you were able to apply your newly acquired skills from your Central Park Safari to your pictures of the Brooklyn Bridge! That's fantastic! If you have a few minutes please take the time to share those images with us by emailing them to info@newyorkcityphotosafari.com

Thanks,