“NYC Photo Safari at the Met - so fun!”

New York City Photo Safari
NYC After-Dark Photography Tour
Ranked #19 of 644 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Want to take home great photos of your NYC visit? Join NYC Photo Safari for a unique photographic experience to sharpen your photography skills. Led by published industry professionals, our photo walking tours of New York are for small groups & individual photographers; from beginner to advanced amateur levels. You'll take home skills and memories for a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 15, 2013

A friend gave me a NYC photo safari for my birthday in Feb. and I finally used it a few weeks ago. It was terrific!

Zim, our instructor, took us through various rooms in the Met to practice shooting in different lighting etc. She made me realize that it makes no difference how fancy your camera is... If you don't understand composition, the rest is irrelevant!

I highly recommend this very practical and fun course. Thank you, Zim!!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Learning about photo composition while walking around Central Park was a wonderful experience. I learned a lot, so much so that I would take the class a second time. I had Zim as an instructor and she was wonderful, she was very personable and helpful. She understood that my expectations were to just take better photos when I go on vacation or at an important event and she taught me a lot about how to do that through composition and few setting on my camera.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband gave me the tour as a gift. We went on the UPshot tour and had a great time. Zim has a wonderful sense of humor and made the tour interesting and fun. In the process we got some great pictures and learned techniques for taking better pictures. Definitely worth the time and money.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I saw the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor and felt intrigued - how could a photography lesson be so good? My husband and I decided to go for it. We met in Madison Square park, it was absolutely freezing, it started to snow. But within a few minutes we were snapping away, and actually understanding how to create better photos. We weren't learning to be capital P Photographers, we were just learning how to take better photos of our holidays, our friends and family.
Zim was kind and obviously knows her stuff. She gave us great critique, tips and straightforward nudges - 'what are you doing, he's got a tree coming out of his head!'. After the session, our minds were buzzing and each time we took a photo during our stay we were definitely thinking 'what would Zim think of that?'. The pointers have stayed with us, and we have much better holiday photos of New York than we would have done without this fantastic photo safari.

2  Thank BeccyandMattAldridge
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great experience. I am an intermediate photographer and I learned a lot of new things. Zim quickly determined our interests and gave honest critiques as we reviewed our pictures. Her straight forward manner was welcoming and her knowledge vast. I will return again next time I am in NYC