Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience New York City Photo Safari
More Info
All reviews professional photographer photography skills instructor zim great teacher night photography camera settings central park great shots tips and tricks learned how learn how learning how new york great sense of humor three hours taking photos brooklyn bridge
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2011

1. Great Location - great learning while having fun
2. Small enough groups - so as to get personal and independent time with your camera
3. Expectations were communicated very clearly- this was a photography class, not a sight seeing tour
4. Kind teaching style - managed people well, rotated through the group equally
5. excellent opportunities for learning some basics of urban pics
6. would definitely do this again!

2  Thank rosemarket
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I have wanted to take an NYC Photo Safari for quite some time and am so glad that I finally had an opportunity. It will not be my last. The instructor was energetic, knowledgable and fun. She began with some photographer's basics and worked us through them so we could compose some interesting shots. There were five participants in the class, but each of us got individualized instruction, geared toward out needs and our camera's capabilities. When I left, I felt I had new knowledge that could make me a better photographer, and I began to look at some of New York's sites with different eyes. It was a morning of learning, adventure and enjoyment. I can't wait until my next NYC Photo Safari. Thanks, Zim, for making this such a special part of my weekend!

Date of experience: July 2011
1  Thank ReginaOM
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I attended a photo safari at Central Park. It was fun and informative. I learned a lot from our guide Zim. It was a pleasure

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Spending a day with Zim on a custom photo safari is a great method to improve your photography on different levels. Our aim of the safari was to improve our composition for travel photography. What impressed me with Zim was from the start she designed a safari based on our wishes with some pragmatic options to ensure we got the most out of our day. Zim even researched an installation we wanted to photograph prior to the safari - great service.
In a few short hours with Zim you learn some simple, easy to remember concepts on how to move away from the tacky tourist shot to a more engaging style of photography. For the next few hours you then apply those skills in a variety of settings to cement what you have learnt. It would be wrong to describe Zim as the shy retiring type, she will push you out of your comfort zone to take better shots.
The custom safari changed my photography, the combination of easy concepts & Zim pushing you to take a better shot makes for a great learning experience & a fun day out in NYC.

2  Thank Review0000
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I went on the Madison Square Park Photo Safari and had such a great experience! My camera is still really new to me and this safari was perfect in teaching me how to use the basic functions. It also helped me understand photo composition and how to look at things different.
I highly recommend this safari and plan on going on the others very soon!!

Date of experience: May 2011