“Excellent, but . . .”
Review of Craft

Craft
Reserve with OpenTable
Craft is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 14,026 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Park Avenue South and Broadway
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R to Union Square and 6,N,R to 23rd Street
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the restaurant is excellent, befitting "celebrity chef" Tom Colicchio. Our party of 5 sampled diverse lamb, pork and beef dishes and a variety of appetizers and sides that were uniformly excellent; service was very good; the wine list was excellent and included a good assortment of middle range as well as high end offerings. I guess my only reason for the "but . . ." was that I thought it was just a bit too casual for the price point. Illustrative is what I would consider somewhat gimmicky: the fact that side dishes and served "family style" at the table rather than as part of artistic plated presentations with the entrees. A bit loud as well. Still. all-in-all the food was excellent and a good value in a high end restaurant. Not recommended for a romantic couples dinner.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Incredible service, ambiance, food to die for.... Exactly what I would expect from Tom Coliccho. Everything that we were served was exceptional. We went to a couple of other really nice restaurants after this one and found ourselves comparing everything to the quality we enjoyed at Craft!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We shared the roast suckling pig for two. It was simple, but tasty. They served different parts of the pig, belly, shank, loin, chops. We shared kale which was flavored with vinegar. The acidic pop of the kale went well with the pig The potatoes gratin was disappointing; did not taste any cheese. The hamachi and the butter lettuce with bacon were both delicious appetizers. The wines by the glass were great, and they served half glasses which was just the right amount we wanted in order to finish the meal. The service was great and the ambience was romantic. When we left, they gave us apple muffins. I ate one on the train the next day and they were really fantastic.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The Pacific oysters outshined th NY oysters. Beet salad was roasted and delicious. We shared side dishes...Brussels sprouts (yum), gnocchi (a bit mushy, but good), mushrooms were excellent, kale, and more. Entrees were exceptional...halibut and shortribs were absolutely delicious and moist. Salmon was also fantastic. Topped off by chocolate soufflé...oh my gosh, and gingerbread. Top notch meal!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Food was amazing! Service was excellent! Decor stunning.
For those that say the service is "condescending", I guess don't understand what good service is. For those that say the entrees weren't "as flavorful" don't understand simple perfection.
There's a reason Chef Colicchio is who he is. I have yet to eat anything out of this or Colicchio & Son's kitchens that wasn't short of perfect!!!