“Best choice!”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #151 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We decided to book with Nolitan hotel for a weekend honeymoon. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to the suite!! What a treat! It was gorgeous, comfortable, classy and a beautiful city view. The room design was top notch. The deep bath tub is especially nice after walking around all day. We were also treated to a complimentary bottle of bubbly. The staff were lovely and you couldn't ask for a better location. We hope to return one day!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura P

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Its clean it's neat and it's quiet. The rooms are very warm and cozy and the stuff was extremely friendly. Add to that a well located establishment near the Soho and you have everything you need from a nice boutique hotel in NYC. I love it!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Yoav H
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed for five nights. Everything about the fittings and design of the rooms in this hotel is amazing and been given a lot of attention and thought. The balcony with city view and the complimentary glass of wine in reception lounge each evening are really good bonuses. The hotel location is excellent - close to bars, restaurants and good shopping. It's near Williamsburg Bridge if you want to get a cab to Brooklyn for a change of scene. The hotel staff were so friendly and helpful - amongst the nicest staff I've come across in a hotel in a long time. We ate breakfast in the restaurant a couple of days during our stay and it was very good quality, and service was fine. But make sure you also check out Jack's Wife Freda on nearby Lafayette Street as they had an amazing breakfast menu.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MelV075
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I recently stayed at the Nolitan and was very pleased. Here's a recap:

Pros:

1. Location - The Hotel in located in the Nolita area, just north of Little Italy. It within walking distance to the great shopping in Soho and boutiques in Nolita. There are also a ton of dining and drinking options in the area.

2. Staff - Everyone was friendly and helpful. They helped me with any questions I had and helped me book a car to the airport.

3. Room - The rooms are decoarted in a chic modern industrial style. The bed was also very comfortable and clean.

Cons:

The rooms are a bit small, but standard for New York.

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Jestrada13
Jennifer V, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Jestrada13~
Thank you for your detailed review! Thank you for highlighting the positive elements of your stay, including our central location, comfortable bedding and our friendly staff. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,
Jennifer

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I really loved all of the little touches at the Nolitan. Everything from how it was decorated, to the glass showers (but separate toilet room) and the little chocolates on our bed when we first got there. The room was always impeccably clean and restocked so the staff did a great job. They offer a complimentary rental of an iPad, xbox 360 or even a bicycle! All you have to do is ask :) We had a nice view of the Empire State building and the Williamsburg bridge. We enjoyed just sitting outside and drinking New York in :) It's also close to great restaurants like Rubirosa. My one complaint was with the parking garage they unfortunately associate with. Not only did they steal some money but they also broke some of our belongings that we left in our car. I'd recommend parking elsewhere.

Room Tip: We chose a balcony room which faced the neighborhood (you could see the Empire State Building from t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel is WONDERFUL!!! I had my wedding there and me, my (now) husband and our guest stayed and we could not have asked for better. The rooms were brilliant, the staff was so kind and helpful and the location was perfect. I am rubbish at planning and they helped with every last detail, even booking our manicures and make-up appointments and handling all my stressed out scheduling mishaps. The wedding was amazing and our stay was brilliant!!! We definitely plan to stay again!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CarGD

Carly~
Congratulations! Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback. It was a pleasure to host you and your wedding. I was so pleased to read your comments regarding the exceptional service provided by our team and thrilled that your wedding was amazing.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best wishes,
Jennifer

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I read many positive reviews on this hotel and thought it would be a great weekend staycation. Not sure if I am just used to the trendy chic NYC restaurants and hotels, but this place felt fake. It had a nice facade and rooms were fine, but it lacked sophistication. Service was ok, nothing special. Air conditioner was loud and annoying. Rooms felt like it was on its way to getting dated and worn. I guess I am glad I stayed in it before it went totally down hill. Overall, it is disappointing and I will not return.

Room Tip: ask for quiet room with quiet AC
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple