The Nolitan Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sohotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
NobleDEN Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Off Soho Suites(New York City)
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
U.S. Pacific Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
The Soho Loft(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Crosby Street Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Solita Soho Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
World Hotel(New York City)
  • Free Internet
All reviewswilliamsburg bridgekenmare streetbalcony roomlower east sidenew yorkroof terracewine and cheeserooms are smallmanhattan skylinethe empire state buildingstreet noisewalking distancerestaurants and shopsturn down servicelittle touchesevery eveningcontinental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I detest NYC. But alas I often have to visit the city for work. The first time my boss sent me there I stayed at the Nolitan and now I make that a condition of my travel. This hotel is amazing! Most hotels have the same boring decor and generic staff. The Nolitan is simply beautiful and the staff is stellar!

Room Tip: Spring for the rooms on the higher floors if you can. They're bigger and the noise from the street isn't as bad.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer V, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for the fabulous review! We appreciate your admiration and recommendation of The Nolitan and are thrilled that you have chosen us as your home away from home.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I wish I could be writing this review about our stay at the property, but the weather has not cooperated and we had to cancel. I feel the need to write about Joy in reservations. She was amazing to speak with. She was friendly and genuinely seemed disappointed that we were not coming. I have never experienced this before - she made me want to visit the Nolitan as soon as possible another time. She described how great the neighborhood is and all the things to do when we do make it up. I am looking forward to visiting when the weather gets a bit better and meeting Joy and the other staff at this property. I was truly impressed.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

We are so appreciative of this review. Thank you for this very special comment about Joy; she is truly an amazing member of our team. I will be sure to share your sentiments with her. Your encounter with Joy offers great insight into what The Nolitan experience is like.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Super cool, hip hotel. Fabulous position. Great staff at the front desk, great rooms, great roof terrace. A really special place to stay. Only downside is the cafe which is very unorganised, run by disinterested staff and a very poor reflection of the Nolitan. My advice would be to walk across the street to the butchers daughter (recommendation of the staff) for a delicious breakfast. Overall, great place to stay.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible for reduced noise from the traffic. Some rooms have balconies which offer amazing views of the empire state building.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bellposse14
Jennifer V, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review The Nolitan. First and foremost, on behalf of the restaurant ownership, I apologize for your service experience. I have shared your feedback with the owners and am certain they will address the concerns appropriately. As for your hotel experience, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back to our “special place” again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The Nolitan Hotel must be one of the hippest places to stay in New York City. My partner and I were looking for something pretty central with enough to keep us occupied indoors if the weather got bad. The Nolitan might be small but it is just a sensational place to stay, and it ticked all the boxes for us.

Our arrival was smoothly handled by Dhillon and the rest of the reception staff, all of whom were young, friendly, professional and helpful without descending into over-casual or over-familiar. A good balance. We managed to arrive at happy hour and chilled glasses of bubbly were pressed into our hands as we checked in.

Our room was pretty small – I’ve only seen smaller in Japan – but beautifully appointed and with little touches like excellent quality toiletries and red slippers and robes and plenty of storage and hanging space and good lighting. We didn't have a kettle in the room (being serious tea drinkers a kettle is essential for us) but one call to reception got us a very stylish kettle (of course) and some mugs. So just ask!

We had a perfect view of the uptown skyline including the Empire State Building decked out in its red and green Christmas colours – ask for a north-facing room on a high floor. We didn’t have a balcony – some rooms do and some don’t. The balconies are tiny in any case, but in warmer weather it might be nice to ask for one.

As mentioned, happy hour starts around 6pm until 8pm and you can chill out in the leather seats at reception quaffing really rather decent red, white and sparkling wine and nibbling on cheese and crackers and nuts. A nice time to relax before heading on out for a busy night in the Village.

Wifi is free and the signal is strong in the rooms and at reception.

As mentioned before, the staff were all great and couldn’t do enough for us. There is a restaurant on site but we didn’t eat there, just had a drink at the bar. You can borrow a PlayStation if you want to stay in, or a skateboard if you want to get around the neighbourhood a little more quickly.

There are countless great places to eat and drink nearby – just walk out the door and into whatever place takes your fancy. They’re all great. But don’t miss the Bowery Diner just a couple of blocks away on Bowery Street. A sensational modern diner – and the bloody Marys and mimosas at breakfast are a great pick-me-up after a heavy night.

Can’t imagine staying anywhere else in New York when we come back again next year. Oh –and don’t miss the rooftop terrace with 360 degree views of the best skyline in the world!

Room Tip: North facing rooms on the higher floors will have a great view of the uptown skyline. Ask for a balcony if you want one (they are tiny though) - not all rooms have them.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mairead D

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. It was such a lovely review and very much appreciated. In your profile, we have noted your preference for a tea kettle and it will certainly be in your room upon your next arrival. We thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Nolita is a great neighborhood and this classy, stylish boutique hotel is right in the heart of everything. Trendy shops and restaurants, Little Italy, Soho, and subway stops are all within a few minutes walk - which is perfect on a freezing January day! Very helpful and friendly front desk. Don't miss their restaurant - Cantine Parisienne. We had a delicious brunch that was surprisingly inexpensive.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family