The Nolitan Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$132
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$126
$116
  • Room Service
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
$104
$98
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$150
$135
GardenInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$320
$161
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$137
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$125
$120
Park Central
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
$192
$144
  • Room Service
All reviewswilliamsburg bridgekenmare streetbalcony roomlower east sidenew yorkroof terracewine and cheeserooms are smallmanhattan skylinethe empire state buildingstreet noisewalking distancerestaurants and shopsturn down servicelittle touchesevery eveningcontinental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Nolitan hotel for my honeymoon late September.

After a very long day of travelling, I arrived at the Nolitan hotel late in the evening. I was met by a very nice lady at the front desk who was very polite, professional and informative. The hotel lobby itself is very welcoming, warm and has a great atmosphere when there are people there.

We were given our two room keys and we went to our room (601). The room was immaculately clean, the furnishing very trendy and the bed was very inviting. The bathroom was clever, using windows and light to create more space. We were hungry and given a few places to go and even offered room service from one of the many restaurants around Nolita.

The hotel was more of a base as we were exploring NYC for the week but it was always a pleasure being there. The rooftop terrace, the Cantine Parissien, the complimentary wine and nibbles in the evening and the superb staff all led to us having a fantastic time. And to top it all off we were going to go to a plain boring 3* hotel in Times Square for almost £1000 more for the week however we took a chance on this new hotel and ending up striking it lucky.

I genuinely can't recommend this hotel enough for a young couple going to New York. It's not the poshest place, it doesn't pretend to be. It is relaxed, clean, trendy and affordable with good size rooms. Don't be a sheep and go to Times Square, it is gaudy and not much there. Go to the Nolitan.

Room Tip: It wasn't noisy on the 6th floor. Go there :D
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here in September. I had booked two rooms for myself and my work colleague and at the same time there was a street fair on in the same street as our hotel.

No one told us this would be on, it just came by surprise. When we tried to get some sleep after the first two nights of noise, I asked the duty manager if i could move my room to a quieter floor.

It was a flat out NO, we were on a business trip and really needed the sleep. Stephanie didn't even offer ear plugs or anything of assistance, "just bad luck really" was her attitude. What a shame as the rest of the staff were great.

I was really upset by the way she handled the situation so I emailed the general manager to

explain her lack of management experience. I have not received any reply from the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer V, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Unfortunately, I did not receive your email as I would have certainly responded. I was disappointed to learn that your experience at The Nolitan was less than satisfactory. We strive to exceed guest expectations but recognize that in this instance we have fallen short, and for that I sincerely apologize.
As you can see from the majority of our reviews, we take great pride in providing excellent guest service which is why I find your experience with Stephanie most disconcerting. She typically receives high praise. However, I have reviewed your feedback, in detail, with our Guest Relations Manager and over the next week, the entire team will go through a refresher course of our Guest Experience training program. I assure you that your experience is not typical at The Nolitan. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you further and hope you will consider staying with us again. You may contact me directly at 212.925.2555 or via email at jennifer@nolitanhotel.com.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were visiting Manhattan for the third time and after staying in Midtown on previous occasions, were wanting a more local area to stay in. The Nolitan seemed an ideal location in the heart of the surrounding areas of Soho, Little Italy, Greenwich Village and the Lower East Side.

Upon arrival the staff were immediately friendly and accommodating offering extras such as bike hire, 'happy hour' (complimentary cheese and wine of an evening) and even down to what time we preferred our room to be serviced. The reception area was cosy with modern decoration but ample seating for guests to enjoy their wine of an evening.The room itself (a Neighbourhood room) was compact but very contemporary with great attention to detail. The 5th floor room had a great view onto Kenmare Street, and noise was minimum of an evening taking into account you are staying in Manhattan.

What makes the Nolitan a unique hotel within the area is the rooftop, located on the eleventh floor. We were taken aback with the unspoilt views Uptown (of Empire State), the Williamsburg Bridge and the Financial District. I cannot stress enough how much more special it makes the trip and because of its locations you see so much more than you would in a top floor hotel within Midtown.

We stayed for ten days so although we were busy exploring we also wanted a comfortable hotel we could unwind in and recharge our batteries. The Nolitan is perfect for this and the rooftop was ideal for relaxing (you can take your complimentary wine up there, or order a drink from the adjacent restaurant earlier/later in the day).

One thing that surprised us was the lack of facilities to be able to make a cup of coffee or tea in the room. The mini bar was full with alcoholic beverages, snacks etc. but when you want a coffee to wake you up, you have to get dressed and head down to the restaurant. It was mentioned on check in that we would be able to phone down and request coffee to our home, but when we did this on the third day we were advised we needed to come down ourselves. It was a minor thing and did not tarnish our stay, but were surprised it was not available in the room.

As all the other reviews on here testify, the Nolitan is a hotel like no other in Manhattan. It was a pleasure staying there and we will definitely be selecting it on our visits on the future.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mat210589
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have just returned from our stay at the Nolitan, and absolutely loved it! The location was perfect, in walking distance from the best shopping over in Soho and the cutest cafes, bars and restaurants. It's very easy to settle in around this area and have it feel like home really quickly. Such a cool vibe!
Sure the rooms are pretty tiny - but waking up each morning to a stunning view of upper Manhattan was well worth the space sacrifice! Small rooms are pretty standard in these boutique NYC hotels, so we knew what we were expecting. There was still more than enough room for the two of us and ALL our shopping!
There were some great little touches, we loved the bicycles that were free to take out. This is honestly the BEST way to see the city, and the Nolitan provided cute little bikes and locks for free! Also loved the daily wine and cheese happy hour from 5-7.
The staff were lovely and always super friendly and accommodating. If you want a hotel that has a nice vibe and is in an amazing location - this is the one!
We did find the shower turned off and on again during showers, but this wasn't anything hard to deal with or get used to. The air con in our first room (we changed rooms due to extending our trip) was pretty noisy on and off as well. But it's nothing we found to be too stressful.
We will be back for sure! Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony and on a higher level to really enjoy that view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a fab little hotel in a great area of the city. Rooms were funky and clean, staff were ever so helpful. The drinks and nibbles provided each night in the lobby was a great little extra.
The area felt safe to walk around alone and the shops were great. When we ventured to tourist attractions we were awfully glad to come back to the peace of the Nolitan.
Would stay here again - simply loved it!

Room Tip: The city corner suite is well worth the money. You can sit in the armchair and look over the neighbourhood and the empire state building. No street noise could be heard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the gracious feedback; I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.