“Great hotel with excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #65 of 479 Hotels in New York City
San Francisco, California
“Great hotel with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Nolitan. Every staff member I met was courteous and knowledgeable in the neighborhood. The room has a quirky layout with everything you need cleverly packaged in. Bed was very comfortable.

In addition to being at a nice location in Manhattan, the Nolitan is straight down the road from Williamsburg Bridge which made it very convenient for me. There's a parking garage across Elizabeth and another nearby so parking was easy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at the Nolitan for a few nights in April, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. For me the location, between the Lower East Side and Soho, was perfect. I also love the Thompson LES, but this time I wanted to try a new hotel, and the Nolitan also seemed well priced (for NYC). Hotel rooms in New York are usually on the small side, but my room was very comfortable, had everything I wanted (except an in-room safe, but I just kept things locked in my suitcase) and I appreciated the clean, modern design. They also offer free wifi, which seems like such a small thing, but so many hotels still charge for it, so I was pleased not to have this hidden cost. Another amenity that was a nice touch is that they give guests free passes to a local gym. I loved the well-designed lobby area, and the staff were very courteous. They add little touches, like a jar of free popcorn and cold water in the lobby, as well as a free cocktail hour with wine and cheese (which I didn't try), which make you feel welcome there, creating a good ambience. Noise wasn't an issue for me, and it was easy to catch cabs in the neighbourhood. All in all I had a great stay, and would definitely stay at the Nolitan again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank HolidayCrazed
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Based on other trip advisor reviews, location and cost, I decided to book this hotel for my first trip to NYC. The trip was to celebrate my 40th birthday so I was a little anxious that it tick all the boxes. I wasn't disappointed. It exceeded all expectations and I can't speak highly enough of the staff, decor, vibe and location. There are fantastic restaurants and bars nearby and it's so close to fab Soho shopping and subway. Thanks so much for making my birthday special, especially the wake up visit with champagne, goodies and a great rendition of Happy Birthday organised from home!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sjrarnold
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Nolitan with our 3 year old and we had a wonderful stay. The staff helped us unload curbside and parking was right across the street. I don't have a lot to comment about because everything went well. No bed bugs, not too noisy.

Jim

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rochester MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a terrific, small hotel -- room decor is part-loft, part-industrial and all chic. Ceilings are polished concrete, sanded wood floors, very cool bathroom, bed and linens top of the line. We stayed here three nights, first two there was zero sound but the last night, there was a pitched battle in the room across the hall and there was muffled sound coming into our room around the door. When we mentioned this at check out, the clerk was very solicitous, explained that they would have preferred to bring this to their attention when it was happening, what they would have done, urged me to mention our entire experience in my review, etc etc. In other words a perfect response (at least to us). As has been mentioned in other reviews, the service was exceptional in every way. We enjoyed the breakfast in the newly opened restaurant too. Great location, very hip shops right along Elizabeth St, numerous neighborhood eateries and bars. We'll stay here next time without question.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bookerRochesterMN
Wollongong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I LOVED this hotel. The design is modern with a retro feel and great little touches throughout. The location is great being near lots of great restaurants (you Have to go to Peasant!) and in a gentrifying part of NYC. The rooftop area is great for taking photos of the NYC skyline whilst sipping their FREE wine offerings each afternoon. If you are travelling, the ability to use their bicycles is a wonderful feature of this hotel, and one of the highlights of our trip. Albeit it a little on the small side, the rooms were clean, fresh, wonderfully designed and the balcony was great for us to sit out on and enjoy some breakfast. The free wifi is also welcomed and the staff were wonderful

The only real issue was the noise. If you aren't a city dweller, the hotel is located on a busy road (yes I realise its NYC, but this is a four lane road), and whilst the sound proofing in the room is quite good, we found ourselves sleeping with earplugs each night. I stayed at another 4.5 star hotel in midtown near Times Square for a few days before checking in to this hotel, and found it was much quieter. That said, I would have pick this hotel to stay at hands down over the other hotel for the reasons described above.

I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies lose a little of their room space.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great location, delightful friendly staff, comfortable bed. Pleasant low-key lobby, easy to hang out there. Best of all, the bathroom lighting is actually illuminating. So many times bathrooms in hotels are way too dim. This bathroom was well designed and well lit. The only drawback was a noisy heater/ air conditioner unit--at least in the room I was in. The onsite restaurant is good but a bit pricey. Plenty of other restaurant choices nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room where the A/C unit is quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business