“Sweet Location - Nice rooms which are not huge”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #132 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Sweet Location - Nice rooms which are not huge”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Pretty pricey (I spent $300/night). Great neighborhood. Restaurant under repair (they claim it will be ready by April 2013). Not the quietest hotel in the world (lots of traffic out front), but not terrible either.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AranNathanson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Paris, France
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Cosy rooms with a modern, stylish touch... A bit small and noisy (as often in NYC!) but nicely organized and very comfy. Not many facilities (no gym, no pool, no spa) but a restaurant should open by the end of Feb... Till then, no real breakfast is served unfortunately, which is the only thing I was disappointed about during my stay. General atmosphere is a bit fancy but friendly. Decent value for money and, most of all, a perfect location!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Max G
Harveys Lake
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Nolitan Hotel is a beautiful, industrial/contemporary style boutique hotel located right smack in the middle of all the action of SOHO, Greenwich Village, East Village, LES. Rooms are cozy in size but outfitted with all the latest and very high quality fixtures and appliances. Everything is also brand spanking new. Staff could not possibly be friendlier or more accommodating. Can't wait to go back when their bar and restaurant open, which they say will be any week now.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Location is great. Hotel needs much improovement. The rooms are tiny (typical for ny) but also not kept very clean and VERY NOISY. Kenmare is a very busy street and this place clearly did not spring for good windows because I stayed on the 9th (top) floor and was awoken by trucks at all hours. Also, they are the first hotel I have stayed at that does not have a professional system for wake-up calls. In a 5 day stay, one day my wake-up call didn't happen, one day I got it 15 minutes late, and the clincher was one day I got an 8:45am wake-up call at 7:00am! On top of that, my bathroom products were often not refreshed, the lobby was freezing with random space-heaters everywhere and one elevator was "out of service" for half my stay, leaving me waiting for several minutes any time I wanted to enter or leave my room. Also, there is no bar or restaurant there and no room service. Just beware...

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank morgan3000
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My room was very cold as was lobby. Hotel currently is developing a "concept" for food; so no room service and mediocre pastries and coffee on paper plates and cups for breakfast, consumed perched on uncomfortable chairs, an improvisation that didn't work. Promised amenities such as newspaper and turn down service did not materialize and once I had to request even regular day time clean up. Room never really felt clean. Staff varied between "way cooler than you" indifference to sort of friendly. One of the elevators was out of service the entire stay; a good metaphor for a not ready for prime time hotel. Certainly not worth the over $1000 for three days.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jane F
Jennifer V, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I was disappointed to learn that your experience at The Nolitan was less than satisfactory. We strive to exceed customer expectations but recognize that in this instance we have fallen short, and for that I sincerely apologize.
As you can see from the majority of our reviews, we take great pride in providing excellent customer service and Housekeeping service which is why I find your experience with our staff and guestroom most disconcerting. I have reviewed your feedback with both departments Managers who, in turn, are meeting with their teams this afternoon to coach and reemphasize The Nolitan Standards of Service. As for the additional areas of concern, I’d like to address several of them:
With respect to the newspaper, they are delivered to your door upon request but are readily available at the common area of each floor and also in the living area of the lobby.
As for the temporary complimentary continental breakfast, we recognize that the lobby living area does not lend itself to an ideal breakfast setup which is why everything is setup in a convenient takeout style; this way each guest can easily transport the items back to the comfort of his/her room.
Finally, with respect to the elevator, I apologize for the inconvenience; unfortunately there was a delay in receiving a part so it was out of service longer than anticipated.
I welcome the opportunity to further discuss your concerns. You may contact me directly at 212.925.2555 or via email at jennifer@nolitanhotel.com. I look forward to the pleasure of hearing from you.
Lebanon
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I just finsihed a sabbatical in New York city when my work sent me again for a week of work.
I wanted to experience something else than Chelsea where i had spend all this time, and i chose the Nolitan. And that was a good choice. It feels like home, the staff is super friendly and helpful, the hotel attaracts beautiful people and because it is a very personal place, people tend to talk to each other and connect over the usual 6 o'clock complimentary cheese and wine. The rooms are medum size, but modern and sensual, with a little balcony and all amenities. Amazing. loved it and strongly recommend it for a good price in a great burrough and a simple and lovely place to stay. Location is just amazing, steps from soho, steps from my favourite Epistrophy cafe, steps from the best foot massages in the world and the almonds cold drinks of China Town. Really easy and nice. Thank you for your warm reception. I will come back.
Danielle

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Langoustine
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed in the Nolitan Suite for our wedding. The suite was on the eight floor and had amazing views - looking uptown you could see empire state building, Chrysler building, etc. and looking east you could then see the Williamsburg bridge. Although the views from the rooftop are even better. The suite its self was set up very well and the living room area is big enough that you can easily entertain a few people. The huge soaking tub, which easily fits two, and rain shower were probably my favorite part of the suite. The design was clean and modern with a slight retro feel. When our photographers were taking photos they mentioned it looked very "mad men."

The staff of the hotel was very eager to please and accommodating. The night of our arrival along with our wedding night they left champagne and a note congratulating us. They also gave us a very good rate on our block of rooms including a discounted rate on the suite.

The restaurant was under construction while we were there but it didn't really impact us. They offered a light breakfast, most days we just grabbed a delicious bagel, and wine and cheese in the evenings. The location was excellent and it is only a short walk to the subway (Spring St. or Canal St.). One additional big plus to the location, at least for us, is that its in the heart of Nolita which means you are just a short walk to little italy, soho, LES, etc. so there is a ton of stuff to do but you are away from the crowds of tourist.

We will defiantly stay here again on future trips to NYC.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room that is higher up so you get the breath taking views of the city.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family