“Honey...STOP The Car... G8 People, G8 Location, G8 Building”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #157 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 28, 2012

For us it was important to have some type of out-door space which the Nolitian offered.. Very hard to find in NYC... Felix, Roney, and Aliya were AMAZING and extremely accommodating.. With this hotel being fairly new I wanted to check out a room before I booked. & when I asked them (Felix) was great about it and took me upstairs.. Can’t wait for the roof-top in the summer!! I really hope this place stays around they deserve it!! For us we wanted smaller and romantic and that’s exactly what we got.. Rooms are great and everything 1st class.. Thanks ~ Definitely be back…

Room Tip: Higher floors have the balconies :)
2  Thank AZBK

Reviewed January 28, 2012

This boutique hotel is a jewel. The staff is friendly, they smile and greet you as if they mean it, they are helpful in organizing your travels around the city. I had originally heard of this hotel in a review in a major Canadian newspaper which had given it a glowing report. I can only echo the comments in the review. The decor of the rooms is uncluttered, simple, tasteful and the beds are ultra comfortable.

My biggest concern in choosing a hotel was the matter of bedbugs which has plagued the Eastern seaboard for the past few years. I contacted the hotel to see what measures were in place to handle this problem. I was informed that the hotel uses the mattress/pillow bedbug proof encasements, the headboards are sprayed with isopropyl alcohol and the bedcovers are laundered each time a new guest occupies the room. The lack of carpeting, non uphostered chairs, is an added measure ... not to mention that the room was spotless.

The hotel is in the vivinity of two subway stations which makes travelling to various places very easy.

Will definitely return on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Redpof
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The Nolitian was absolutely amazing! Everyone you come in contact with is beyond helpful, especially Cassandra their concierge she will help you with anything from dining to directions. The selection for the mini bar inside the room was great, and the option to purchase anything in the room was a surprise and different from any hotel I've stayed in before. The architecture in the lobby is very modern and the room was adorable. We also had a room with a balcony which is great because my boyfriend smokes so he didn't have to go all the way downstairs and outside. All around we had a great time!

2  Thank labellaa89
Reviewed January 21, 2012

The Nolitan occupies the grittier end of NoLiTa (North of Little Italy), close to Chinatown, SoHo, and the Lower East Side. This location is perfect if you know your way around lower Manhattan or want to stay away from the hubbub of Midtown. It exudes cool without pretension. The bellman, Felix, made us feel as if he was welcoming us into his home.

The small 235-square-foot rooms have enough light and character that you quickly forget about the cramped size. But you should avoid the "accessible" rooms, which are uncomfortably small with zero room for luggage. We got upgraded to a Cityscape Balcony Room, which gave us some extra breathing room along with a breathtaking view of the Empire State Building and the midtown skyline.

Side note: While the hotel staff is warm and welcoming, the restaurant staff next door at Ellabess acted like it was a chore to serve us breakfast. Despite the fact that staff members outnumbered guests 2-to-1, I had to get up to refill my coffee at the server station because no one bothered to come by for ten minutes. My server was folding napkins, zen-like, two steps away from the coffee, and he didn't even look up at me when I went over to refill my cup. Of course, no one ever stopped by to ask how the food was (delicious) or whether we wanted anything else (we did). Ellabess was a shocking contrast to the friendly Nolitan. Do yourself a favor and walk 10 minutes to Russ & Daughters for the best smoked salmon on a bagel of your life.

2  Thank livetwice
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This was an unexpected weekend retreat. Stepping into the lobby and my room, I was refreshed with the variety amenities and feeling of openess combined with the modern architecture & fixtures, all located in a great neighborhood. This place is a hidden jewel! The view from our room was incredible - Williamsburgh bridge on one side, Empire State building on the other. I thought being so close to So-ho parking would be impossible, but I found a spot on Kenmare in two minutes. Try their chicken sliders at the restaurant below!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Roberto B
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The hotel is well located off Little Italy, close to Bowery and Lafayette Street. Tiny rooms with good design, well equipped with slippers and bathrobe. But if you look for great substance look somewhere else. Rooms are too small to accomodate 2 people, heating system is very noisy and keeps going on/off al night. Cold air comes into the room from the window and noisy deliveries start on Kenmare St at 5am. Breakfast very expensive and not well assorted. Service is average :could get a good cab to the airport, did not accept credit cards even if i asked twice to do so, was waken up at night by front man coming along with pizza delivery even if "don't disturb sign was on my door". If you want a good sleep go somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Nicola G
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed here for a film screening that I had at the Anthology Film Archives and the hotel was one of the highlights of my stay. The lobby is cosy and cool with an amazing selection of art books to peruse and each room has original affordable art for purchase. My room was small, but adequate for me and had a clean, minimalist feel that made me feel ultrahip. The amenities were all I needed and the staff was friendly, professional, personable and helpful without ever feeling like they were waiting for a tip. One staff member even helped me zip my dress! I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012