“Stylish boutique hotel”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #163 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed one night and got there in the evening. When I arrived, it was quite dark in the lobby, as well as in the hallway on my floor. I stayed in a neighborhood balcony room. The room was on the smaller side--typical of many boutique hotels. But it was very clean and the decor was modern, yet intimate and welcoming. The attention to detail was great--from the toiletries, robes, red slippers, iPod dock, to a red Nolitan-branded pilates mat. There was a turn-down service available as well. The bed was very comfortable. Aside from hearing some of the traffic from the street below, I had a very comfortable night. If you're sensitive to noise, you might want to ask for a room on a higher floor. I didn't really have a problem there. I had a great breakfast the next morning at Ellabess--a must-try! The lobby was brightly lit in the morning too--a nice change from the night before.

Overall, it was a great stay and I'd recommend it to others!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on a higher floor if you're sensitive to noise. No double beds. Only o...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank stella d

Reviewed August 15, 2011

The room was beautiful and SUPER clean. The bed was VERY comfortable! The location of the hotel is perfect. It is close to shops and wonderful restaurants. I would definitely return to this hotel. The location, the service, the rooms and the hotel's attention to detail made our stay wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jennyzheng
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I liked the location of the hotel. It is close to Soho, Chinatown and Little Italy. Plenty of restaurants and shops. I was on the 6th floor and saw the tip of the Empire State building. Get a higher floor if you want to get a better view of it. The room was very clean and bed was comfortable. The breakfast at the restaurant was good and the price was reasonable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank JCLYW
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I took my family for a long weekend in NYC and was thrilled to have found the newly-opened Nolitan Hotel. It's location is perfect: we were able to walk down the block for dinner in Chinatown, and in the other direction for morning pastries in Soho. (Though the on-site restaurant, Ellabess, also offered a very nice breakfast selection, which we enjoyed.) The hotel design is amazing, starting with the lobby, which is cozy and inviting. Room design is equally impressive, with amazing views of downtown from the floor-to-ceiling windows. (But don't forget to draw those light-blocking curtains if you hope to sleep in.) Bathrooms are sleek with clean lines and a bright feel. We loved the free-standing tub that neighbored the sleeping area: a very old-school NYC tenement idea, but this time in chic way. The staff was wonderful, and went above and beyond in all areas. Overall, the Nolitan is an amazing addition to a great NYC neighborhood. You'd be crazy to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Kenmare Street have the best views, but others lines are great too.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GarrisonGal
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I just checked into the Nolitan. It is a new hotel and you can tell. The room is quite small with a sort of cold feeling and nothing special.

I called down to the front desk because my door wouldn't lock. I also asked if there was somewhere nearby where I could have a drink and some food that has wifi. He said Starbucks. I said no, real food and A DRINK. He said McDonald's? The lock did get fixed quickly, however.

Definitely will not stay here again. Not sure what all the other rave reviews are about. I sort of wonder if they are fake. It's a lot of fantastic reviews for a new hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank LeighO1206
jenniferv-nolitan, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Hello Leigh~
So that I may better understand what happened, I welcome the opportunity to speak with you. I will follow up with you via e mail however, please feel free to contact me directly at 212.925.2555. I look forward to the pleasure of hearing from you or any of our fellow TripAdvisor members who might have a question about this review.

Best,
Patrik

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Checked it on 29 July, the front office staff were fantastic, and made me feel at ease the moment I stepped in. The hotel rooms are very cool, with all space being used incredibly intelligently - all adding up to the "coolness" of the hotel. A very special mention has to be made of the staff - all of them (and I mean all of them) were fantastic, friendly and full of good advice. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know (i've already recommended it to a couple of friends visiting NYC) without a second of doubt. The rooftop view in the morning is particularly special. I will be back in NYC in November and will definately be checking in again. To the Nolitan staff - keep up the good work!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Moseph84
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The Nolitan Hotel is a gem in NYC. Smack dab in the middle of Soho, Lower East Side,
Chinatown, and Little Italy, it couldn't have a better location. Close to subway stops and
walking distance to so much! Many terrific little eateries within steps. The rooms were
very cool with a downtown vibe, not fussy or boring. But the best part was the wonderful staff. Because it's a small hotel, you feel like you are at home with friends taking care of you.
If you want a crazy velvet rope scene, go to the Standard. But if you want to feel special
in a wonderful hotel in a more chill atmosphere, don't miss the Nolitan.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family