“holy jesus, good food”

Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Jacksonville, Florida
“holy jesus, good food”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

and you know, not too pricey either. get there EARLY to avoid the lines (i was there before 6pm and we waited maybe 10 mins for a table), and try and hit it in the inbetween months where it could be a little too cold to sit outside and then sit outside where maybe not everyone wants to sit. again, avoid the crowds! mix and match with your dining companions, turkey meatballs were DEELISH and the dessert ice cream sandwich is worth the hype. mix and match your top and bottom cookie!!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Holly C

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
“Best meatball in the world!!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I was never crazy about meatball, until my husband introduce me to the Meatball Shop. I love them!! I would gladly tell every one I know to go there. I love the Salad that comes with the meatball. The pasta. It's just amazing!!!

1 Thank Babyniko04
New York City, New York
“Yummy”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Mmmmm....So my coworker was craving beef for lunch and I figured it would the perfect time to try out the Meatball Shop on the West Side since I have already been to the original one in the LES. I definitely enjoyed the original shop and decided to go with the sliders again during this visit. I really do wish they would let you choose multiple meatball options with all the other dishes, but since they don't and I need variety in my life, I went with three different meatball sliders. I had the spicy pork with parmesan cream, beef with parmesan cream, and the special of the day - beef/bacon/cheddar with mushroom gravy. yum. just very yum.

My favorites were the beef and spicy pork. I just love the flavors and the parmesan cream is my crack. I really need a jar of that in my life to put on everything. I'm just saying. The special was good, but my least favorite of the three which is surprising because beef/bacon/cheddar sounds like a match in heaven. I did enjoy it, but I don't know if it would be on my list to order again.

Overall, the service is fast, but get here right around noon during the week because they fill up quickly. The space is a bit bigger than the LES one I think, but food at both is great, so you can't go wrong with either option. I am sure I will be back!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Cynthia M
CA
“What a concept!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

LOVE everything they have on the menu here. We had a few different types of meatballs that were all served with a different sauce or were a different type of meat. We are going to go back to try more! The staff here is very friendly and fast! They were patient in explaining everything on the menu and had great recommendations.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank msbout
New Jersey
“WOW! This Place Exceeded Expectaions!!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I found out we were going to a meatball restaurant, I thought how good can this place be? Well, it was fantastic. The special balls the night we went (13 Jan 2013) was the Buffalo Chicken Balls. These were delicious with the red sauce, might have been even better had I tried it with the special Blue Cheese Sauce. Since the group of 6 of us shared, I also got to try the regular chicken meatballs in a sandwich (also fantastic), the regular beef meatballs (very tasty) and the spicy pork balls (not too spicy, but still good). We were so full, we couldn't order dessert, but those ice cream sandwiches with home made cookies look decadent. Next time we will leave room for those.

• Visited January 2013