“bait and switch”
Review of Guerlain Spa

Guerlain Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: A UNIQUE KNOW HOW In 1939, Guerlain opened its first “Institut de Beauté” at 68 Avenue des Champs Elysées and invented an exclusive facial massage technique. Guerlain facial massage technique remains just as unique and exclusive today. A universe of continual creativity, l’Institut Guerlain today develops new exclusive massage techniques, an audacious fusion of traditional techniques from the most reputed Asian and Western practitioners, married to the best of Guerlain Science. A CUSTOMISED EXPERIENCE Every treatment is transformed into a unique and personal occasion, a moment created especially for you – this is the essence of the Guerlain experience, the perfect union of effective know-how and aesthetic expertise. Our Beauty Coaches begin each treatment with a systematic analysis and precise skin diagnosis to reveal your specific beauty and well-being profile.They thus gain intrinsic understanding of your essential concerns to tailor a treatment according to your needs, your expectations. Your experience is entirely personalised from the first minute to the closing ritual. Welcome to a world of total well-being. Welcome to a world of infinite possibilities.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

purchased a gift promotion for a massage in a suite at the "Waldorf Spa" in a "Suite"
called and after 45 minutes they told me it did not include a room at all! What a disappointment. Don't go.

3  Thank jobenlu

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I have recently purchased a couples massage with champagne deal at the Guerlain Spa through TravelZoo and we were extremely dissapointed with the services. We had high expectations after reading all of the positive reviews and visiting the Guerlain Spa in Miami last summer.
Both of our massages were average. Also, we couldn't take advantage of the steam "room" in the private suite, as it only worked for 5 minutes and shut off for some unknown reason. The makeup refresher was a nice touch. HOWEVER, the next morning I woke up with a swollen eyelid. It was swollen for 3 days!!! I think I had an allergic reaction to the makeup and/or brushes. It must be noted that the makeup artist didn't wipe any of the brushes before touching my face. She also didn't wipe the lipstic before applying it on my lips...I should have complained, but didn't....

3  Thank Belomlini
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Amazing amazing amazing
all I can say....
the reception is like a little French perfumery...the treatment rooms are luxurious...the staff super organized friendly and way above the professional level
I had a massage and an express pedicure in a last minute booking (as I arrived to the hotel and my room was not ready yet)
they sorted me out straight away...
offered me champagne or wine...or cappuccino but I had water only...wish I could have a drink but 10am is a bit too early for that.
it s a place for relaxation and girly spa days...one of the best I ever had

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I LOVE GUERLAIN SPA! I always plan time at the spa when I'm in NYC - usually staying at the Waldorf so it's easy. The staff are the best anywhere. During this trip I had the first appt on Sunday morning and the stones where not ready for my hot stone massage. Instead of saying I needed to selected another service, my technician made me very comfortable and allowed the extra time needed for the stones to heat up and still gave me the full time and attention to my massage... and me. And of course a glass of champagne is always a great way to start and end your treatment! They are the best!!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This really is a beautiful environment in which to luxuriate and of course with an excellent brand name behind it. Therefore the relatively expensive pricing is expected, but in line with that, I also expect top service and quality.

The staff here were courteous and professional which was fantastic.

Went for a 50 minute massage and a mani/pedi.

Unfortunately the nail polish of my manicure chipped very quickly - within a couple of days and as I was on holiday rather than doing manual labour, I did find this to be very disappointing.

I filled in feedback upon my return from holiday stating the above, but this was never answered/addressed to me personally so I don't think customer service was the best in this respect.

In any event, I'm glad I could say that I've been here, but next time I holiday in New York, I'll head elsewhere for spa action.