“Amazing Spa and SuiteUpgrade”
Review of Guerlain Spa

Guerlain Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: A UNIQUE KNOW HOW In 1939, Guerlain opened its first “Institut de Beauté” at 68 Avenue des Champs Elysées and invented an exclusive facial massage technique. Guerlain facial massage technique remains just as unique and exclusive today. A universe of continual creativity, l’Institut Guerlain today develops new exclusive massage techniques, an audacious fusion of traditional techniques from the most reputed Asian and Western practitioners, married to the best of Guerlain Science. A CUSTOMISED EXPERIENCE Every treatment is transformed into a unique and personal occasion, a moment created especially for you – this is the essence of the Guerlain experience, the perfect union of effective know-how and aesthetic expertise. Our Beauty Coaches begin each treatment with a systematic analysis and precise skin diagnosis to reveal your specific beauty and well-being profile.They thus gain intrinsic understanding of your essential concerns to tailor a treatment according to your needs, your expectations. Your experience is entirely personalised from the first minute to the closing ritual. Welcome to a world of total well-being. Welcome to a world of infinite possibilities.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This spa is one of the best we have ever visited, and while the prices are as would be expected for a nice spa, if you can snag an upgrade to a suite that includes spa treatments, the value is unbelievable - the extra cost is not much more than the price of the treatments and you get upgraded to a fantastic suite.

Megan_Hennessey, Public Relations Manager at Guerlain Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your review of Guerlain Spa. We are thrilled to hear that you took advantage of this upgrade, and that you found it to be of value! We look forward to seeing you next time.

Megan Hennessey

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I recently visited the Waldorf Astoria, and the Guerlain Spa. There are many reasons why The Waldorf is iconic, and certainly having the finest Spa contributes to their fantastic reputation. The Spa is the epitome of luxury and elegance with white marble floors and gorgeous chandeliers and mirrors. I opted for a full body massage, and my wife tried special guerlain facial.
The luxurious room, the new age music, and the fabulous massage skills of my masseuse transported me into a dreamy, relaxing, and totally relaxed state. The wondrous scented oils and creams added to my amazing experience. After the massage I was able to lay back and relax and then take a rainforest shower. It just does not get any better than this. Highly recommended for businessmen, women, and couples.
Worth the price and a great way to escape the pressures and stresses of everyday life.

Megan_Hennessey, Public Relations Manager at Guerlain Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your review of Guerlain Spa. We are so happy to hear that you felt relaxed, which is the spa's number one priority. We look forward to welcoming you at Guerlain again in the future.

Megan Hennessey

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I booked a mani, pedi and facial. When I checked in I was told that my mani and pedi would be first. I was expecting to be lead into a changing room to change out of my skinny jeans and boots and into a robe to relax. I was wrong. I wasn't even shown where any of the spa amenities, ie steam room or workout room were. I was lead into a lounge with corner couches and given a glass of champagne, but in no way was this any sort of relaxation lounge. There were a couple of coffe table books and magazines to look at, but it was not the typical spa lounge atmosphere. When I was finally called back for my service I asked if I could change. I was given a robe and a Guerlain shopping bag for my stuff. After my mani and pedi which was actually great I had my facial. The facial was very basic, but good. I asked when I checked out how are things typically done so I would know if I ever wanted to go back. I was told that everything is ensuite. Long story short if you are looking for a relaxing typical lounges spa day this is not the place to spend it.

1  Thank lor13149
Reviewed February 3, 2013

After a day of shopping, and on a whim, we booked a couples massage at The Waldorf Astoria in Midtown Mantattan. For about $500 plus tax we had the best experience ever.

We are spa aficionados and love couples massages. The Waldorf allows you to come early and use the fitness room and steam prior to pampering you. It starts with glasses of champagne (or wine) and nibbles as you wait in a lovely waiting room. Then you are led to a treatment room the size of a NYC studio apartment. An 80 minute nonstop massage ensues. Then you are left to use you own private steam room and dressing rooms that are well stocked with makeup, lotions and best of all, Guerlain perfumes and after shave. A great treat and bargain compared to similar offerings. We are going back! We loved it.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

There's no other experience like staying at the Waldorf=Astoria, until you find that you can further enhance it by visiting this luxurious escape called the Guerlain Spa. At first I was a bit apprehensive on the waiting area as I was welcomed with a drink of my choosing - red wine in this case -- then my therapist takes me to my own private Therapy en Suite... this was a wonderful surprise. I was able to get ready in my own privacy and pace with a very well appointed bath area in the therapy room. The products were wonderful and the therapist nicely trained. The massage was relaxing though it lacked a bit in really working out the stress the way I'm used to (it was the end of the day after all maybe she was a bit tired but pleasant!). Upon finishing, the wine glass is replenished along with cold water and a scrumptious truffle that you must ask for one more to truly indulge. Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised with the ambiance and private therapy room en suite. I suggest that they offer Champagne (not sparkling wine/cava/proseco/cremant.... please... champagne is from champagne only!) and that the receptionist explains the full suite offering so that if you prefer to bathe before the massage, you can do so instead of waiting for your therapist. Definitely worth many more visits for total relaxation! Go visit!!