“Very disappointing...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Guerlain Spa

Guerlain Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: A UNIQUE KNOW HOW In 1939, Guerlain opened its first “Institut de Beauté” at 68 Avenue des Champs Elysées and invented an exclusive facial massage technique. Guerlain facial massage technique remains just as unique and exclusive today. A universe of continual creativity, l’Institut Guerlain today develops new exclusive massage techniques, an audacious fusion of traditional techniques from the most reputed Asian and Western practitioners, married to the best of Guerlain Science. A CUSTOMISED EXPERIENCE Every treatment is transformed into a unique and personal occasion, a moment created especially for you – this is the essence of the Guerlain experience, the perfect union of effective know-how and aesthetic expertise. Our Beauty Coaches begin each treatment with a systematic analysis and precise skin diagnosis to reveal your specific beauty and well-being profile.They thus gain intrinsic understanding of your essential concerns to tailor a treatment according to your needs, your expectations. Your experience is entirely personalised from the first minute to the closing ritual. Welcome to a world of total well-being. Welcome to a world of infinite possibilities.
New York
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Very disappointing...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Combining the Waldorf and Guerlain I expected a rolls-royce massage experience but was unimpressed.
The mens changing area is tiny, and under-equipped. They need to sort out the toiletries - mouthwash - no cups, no hair gel, very greasy moisturizer, No 'wet' slippers. There were dirty kleenex and about 10 hangers in my 14 inch locker? For a three hundred dollar plus massage I expect at least the basics. The steam room stank of mildew and something nasty. The showers need more water pressure. They do provide a basic waiting area for your massage, and a drink, but where's the quality snack? And where is the relaxation area for after your massage, Just banquette seating back in the basic waiting area? The massage itself was barely competent, I was smothered - and I mean smothered in oil and the technician was sneezing every other stroke, which made me quite tense. Then heavy wheezy breathing over my head made me nervous about catching something! Also the room was cold - and the portable sound system speakers are right by your head, so it is a bit overbearing and as there is a pause after every track it is hard to relax.
I highly recommend the Mandarin Oriental if you want a hotel spa experience in NYC - Lovely environment and fabulous massage.
This is definitely not worth the charge.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank frequenttravellar

Hampton, Virginia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“The best in staff and service, treat yourself !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

4 of us visited for manicures and pedicures and facials ~ we were greeted with Champagne and Mimosas and a lovely skewer of Strawberry and Pineapple. They promptly began our appointments, everything was perfect, the facial was heaven (the bed was heated), all 4 of us were walking on air by the time we left. This is money well spent and an experience not to be missed ! My manicure still looked good two weeks later !

Visited March 2012
Sydney, Australia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Divine, divine, divine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

What a haven in the madness of NYC - my husband gave me a Winter Spa package gift for my recent stay in NYC at the Astoria and I had a wonder "As You Wish" massage treatment. The whole experience - champagne on arrival, gentle introduction to the spa and all its lovely goodies and use of the room after my massage was well worth it after a busy week of work and running around.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank JenY_Travels
Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A six-star spa experience on the 18th floor in the heart of mid-town Manhattan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

Guerlain Spa NY in Waldorf Astoria NYC is by far my finest spa experience ever. The hotel is all spa suites, with complete individual (and gorgeous) bathrooms in each spa suite. So there is no schlepping to a locker room. There is complete privacy. The spa has a French sensibility from the cool Edith Piaf playing in the Grand Salon to the beautiful roses, to the Guerlain products which won me over immediately. My facialist was Maria, and I would highly recommend her. I had an amazing foot treatment as part of the facial. After the treatment, they provide a mini makeup 'refresher' so you can go out to dinner or back to work. When can you go out to dinner after a facial!? Next time, I'll add on the full make up, as these women know how to make you look like a million bucks. Oh and I loved the complimentary champagne served on a silver platter, the customized music in the treatment room, and the artisinal chocolates at the finish of my treatment. Talk about indulgence. It was like a full vacation in only 90 minutes.

Visited January 2012