Broadway Up Close Walking Tours
Review Highlights
Terrific, fun, energetic broadway tour with backstage stories and secrets

Experiencing broadway up close reminds me of Hamilton song - I was in the room where happened... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Russell B
Florida
Another wonderful tour!

This is the fourth tour my husband and I have taken with Tim and once again we couldn't have been... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $89.00
from $57.00
from $56.35
1,224 results
All reviews act ii the theater district tim dolan theatre lovers inside scoop theatre experience great tour interesting stories nyc trip highly recommend this tour times square beginnings broadway hamilton company evolved architecture
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had an incredible time on BUC's Broadway Beginnings Tour! I learned so much and Amanda, our tour guide, was the greatest! I loved hearing the history of the theaters and am excited to book to go on the other two tours! 11/10!!! Highly recommend!!! Everyone is super friendly!! Also, the souvenirs at the BUC kiosk in Times Square are the absolute best for any Broadway lover!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is my 2nd tour with BUC. The first years ago when they first started. I was glad to bring my sister and brother along this time and we had a wonderful time learning about all the theaters in their Act 3 tour. Jenny was an enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide. A plus that she is a working Broadway actress as well. She answered all our questions, about what we were seeing on the tour or other Broadway / theater stuff. I like that there are now options for tours. We specifically chose this one because the area we explored was near our hotel and convenient, especially since we had to leave early to catch a flight. We will be back for more Acts in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My niece and I booked this tour with Tim Dolan, the owner and brainchild behind this fun excursion. From the start Tim was amazingly responsive and helpful in answering any questions we had about the tour. We took the Haunted Broadway tour on Saturday Sept. 7, 2019.

Molly was our guide and she is wonderful! So personable and charming as well as witty and knowledgeable and patient with our questions and comments. Her knowledge of theater trivia was very impressive and we had the best time walking around the theater district with her.

She filled us in on the history of the company and how Tim began the company and the extensive research that went into obtaining information for each of the tours that are available. Tim for sure knows his stuff (and he's a Motown guy like me, born and raised in Detroit, so there's that automatic affinity)

Molly shared Broadway history as well as the legends of the hauntings, ghostly sightings in various theaters, superstitions, etc. Fascinating and thoroughly enjoyable. The two hours flew by. If we didn't have a matinee to go to, we could have spent another couple of hours walking around the theater district and listening to Molly. What a lot of fun this was.

Afterward we met Tim and chatted for a bit; Molly took our photo and a selfie of the 3 of us. I'll copy and post them to Facebook where I will also comment and like Broadway Up Close. Thanks again for the fun time Tim and Molly! We hope to join you again on our next trip to the city. I will definitely recommend Broadway Up Close!!! You guys rock!!!! I truly wish the both of you the very best of luck in your careers. Hope to see you both hit it big soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2019

Such a great tour! We learned so much and Theresa was the best! Loved all the interesting facts about each individual theater and the historical perspective. Every tour guide should be as enthusiastic and well prepared! Thank you!

1  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed September 9, 2019

I am a New Yorker and go to 25-30 shows a year. When I saw Tim Dolan's series of inside Broadway tours, I knew I would enjoy them. He and his cast of guides will blow you away with their incredible knowledge, charismatic delivery, sense of humor, and fabulous dance moves! I highly recommend Acts I, II, III, and the Hamiltour, and am looking forward to the next offering from Broadway Up Close.
Now when I go to a show I have some fun insider information to share with my friends and family. From stories of the Cherry Sisters and Sober Sue, to the fact that the CATS dancers used to warm up on the roof of the Winter Garden, and that actors who work with dogs have little "treat pockets" sewn into their costumes, this is a rich and vibrant theatre "curriculum" to be enjoyed by theatre fans and NYC history lovers alike.

1  Thank Laura W