“Great view into the business of Broadway!”

Broadway Up Close Walking Tours
Ranked #15 of 635 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Have you ever wanted to know which Broadway theaters are haunted? Are you curious to know what a Broadway "swing" is? Have you ever heard about the ghost light? If so, then this tour is just for you! "The Great White Way" has always been a world full of mystery, tradition, history and spectacle. Now, you too can learn all there is to know about Broadway on our two hour tour. All of our guides are working theatre professionals and will share stories and anecdotes from Broadway!
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our tour guide was Drew, who is an actor in NYC. The tour was very interesting for the history of the theaters we visited the outside of, but even more interesting was the glimpse into the world of it all from the actor's perspective; how the business and auditioning side of things works, why shows come and go, who really runs Broadway. Very much recommended if you love Broadway!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My 13-year-old daughter and I took the Act I tour this past Friday. Theresa was a wonderful guide and she obviously knew the theatre district and its history inside out. It was so interesting for both of us, and we learned so much. It was a very cold morning, but the time flew by; not only that, but Theresa had hand warmers ready to give to us at the beginning of the tour! That was so thoughtful. Making the arrangements for the tour through the web site, which I did only a few days beforehand, was easy and efficient. I highly recommend this tour, and we look forward to taking the Act II tour when we return.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We took the Act I tour on a recent Saturday in January with Drew as our tour guide. Drew was a wonderful, informative host and made us forget about the cold as he guided us to some of the most famous theaters on Broadway. This is an excellent tour because without a guide like Drew, one would never know the history of these theaters--and the history is fascinating. The tour was well researched and pictures passed around on a tablet added an extra layer of information. We learned about theater owners, builders, architecture, the evolution of the theater district, and the way going to see a show has changed. Our favorite theater was the Lyceum--breathtaking architecture and a great story about the owner! This was an educational and entertaining tour that really added to our visit. I highly recommend putting this on your itinerary.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was a great time, and I can't wait to go on the Act 2 tour on my next visit. Tim worked with me to find a time that would work for my schedule, as I was a solo traveler. I wound up going at 2:15 on a Saturday in a small group of three plus the guide. Our guide, Mikey, has so much passion for the theater, and it was fun to see how many things have changed, what hasn't, and how some people have tried to squeeze on the side of the rules.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Our guide for the Act I tour generously shared his vast knowledge of the theatres in and around Broadway. History, anecdotes and ghost stories all added up to an extremely entertaining couple of hours despite the cold and rain. I am looking forward to going on Act II and III tours in the future.