Broadway Up Close Walking Tours
Review Highlights
Ghostlight Tour - a little bit of supernatural for theatre goers!!!

Reviewed today
Sarah F
Ghost Tours with John Nov 10

Reviewed 2 days ago
Patricia B

1,071 results
All reviews act ii hand warmers the theater district tim dolan ghost stories musical theatre great tour inside scoop behind the scenes knowledgeable guide his passion new york history lesson ask questions a lot of fun couple of hours great fun
Reviewed today

A few years ago my husband and I took the Act I tour with BUC and had a great time. This trip we decided to try another one - an evening Ghostlight Tour. Our guide for this tour was Cary. He was the best tour guide -- knowledgeable, funny, a great storyteller and a patient soul with "us two seniors" asking questions and adding comments along the way .. he even brought us hand warmers for the cool evening... what an enjoyable and fun evening tour ... we now may be looking over our shoulders trying to see those "ghostly spirits" in those special theatres ... Thanks, Cary, looking forward to our next tour with you .. Bob & Sarah

1  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed 2 days ago

Have done Act I and III with Tim, and this time had John for Ghost Tours. As usual - excellent. Informative and fun.

Reviewed 4 days ago

Here we go again, another effusive rave review of BUC. We had done Acts I,I and III - all with Tim. This time we had Ryan and he had the same enthusiasm and store of knowledge we have come to expect. We have seen Hamilton twice, once shortly after opening and the second time was the evening before our tour! The tour was packed with interesting information and brought to life by Ryan, the photos and the fact that we were touring in the area where Hamilton lived and worked. It really was a fascinating and, since it's BUC, FUN time! Many thanks.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

An extremely informative tour! Our guide (John) was easy to understand and had a broad knowledge of the theatres and their history which proved most interesting. We really enjoyed the tour as well as the ease with which John directed our group of teens through the busy Times Square area. Although not “frightening” it was eerie to hear the stories of ghosts and superstitions and the origin stories of each. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 1 week ago

If you can request Amanda for your HamilTOUR, do! She has fantastic insider stories, behind-the-scenes photos and diagrams on her iPad and a genuine passion for history and for Hamilton the Musical. We are huge fans of the musical and this tour delivered. But, as a bonus, we learned much more about the colonial days than expected. I'll never look at some of the monuments and places we passed the same way again. I can't believe the tour is as affordable as it is (please don't raise your prices!!!).

The picture of this fence post might seem like nothing, but wait til you take the tour and discover its history!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We took Act 1 tour and really enjoyed it. You cover things in depth rather than a quick look at lots of things so the walking is not too onerous. It was great to have a performer who had been on Broadway guide us and share personal experiences.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Danielle was our guide and oh, so good. Brisk and windy kept the feet stomping. Enjoy theatre and thought this tour would help flesh out some of the background of the area. Took Act 1 because that seemed like a pretty good place to start for your first tour! Even with the weather would have liked to have covered a little more territory geographically. Good chunk of this tour discussed locations that didn't have to really move much to see. If you're considering one of these tours, you might look at what theatres are being covered as part of your decision of which Act to do. Really enjoyed the tour, good length and Danielle was great. Would definitely do again!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friend and I have been to New York six times each, so the decision to take a Broadway walking tour in Times Square started out halfway as a joke. But we were interested in the Ghostlight tour and the stories that were promised, so we decided to do the touristy thing and just give it a shot. We are both SO glad we did! The tour ended up just being the two of us and our guide, Cary. We had the best time! Cary was hilarious and a wonderful storyteller. He knew everything we could ever want to know about Broadway (and ghosts!), and he kept us laughing and entertained the entire time. We didn't even feel bothered by the rain!

The stories were great, and the experience was even better. The whole Broadway Up Close team was amazing!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went on a Hamiltour with Ryan this week and had a great time! Ryan was knowledgeable and so much fun! We learned a lot about Hamilton the musical, as well as the “real” Hamilton. It was awesome to walk in the same places as our forefathers, and learn about it in such a fun way. Ryan brought us hand warmers and was really thoughtful to offer me his hand a few times when there were stairs or uneven terrain. (I have a broken foot) Plus..he sang to us at the end. Loved! Our group counts this as one of the best times we had on our trip. We 100% recommend Broadway Up Close! This tour is NONSTOP!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm a big Broadway fan, and my wife is a super Broadway fan, so we really were looking forward to this tour. It exceeded our hopes - lots of fun history and anecdotes about New York City, the theatres, their owners, and actors. Our guide was wonderful - lots of knowledge and a fun sense of humor. Seeing his historical pictures helped frame a lot of the descriptions, too. Now we want to go back and do the Act I tour.