“Broadway up close walking tour on Feb. 23, 2013”

Broadway Up Close Walking Tours
Ranked #14 of 639 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Have you ever wanted to know which Broadway theaters are haunted? Are you curious to know what a Broadway "swing" is? Have you ever heard about the ghost light? If so, then this tour is just for you! "The Great White Way" has always been a world full of mystery, tradition, history and spectacle. Now, you too can learn all there is to know about Broadway on our two hour tour. All of our guides are working theatre professionals and will share stories and anecdotes from Broadway!
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Tim was fantastic. What great knowledge and information. I learned so much, and despite the cold had a wonderful time! Would recommend this tour to everyone.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have enjyed this tour around the Boradway theaters! The guide, Tim, was extremely informend about the histoy of the theaters. The heatpads, which he gave around, were especially helpful in the cold winter.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We loved our walking tour of Broadway up Close. The tour was full of interesting tid bits of information that were fun to learn. I am a theater junkie and a wannabe so it was perfect for me and my daughter...The weather plays a role in the tour so I was glad I dressed warm.. Would recommend to anyone... maybe not toddlers or little ones :)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I took this tour on a cold Sunday morning, but Tim is such an enthusiastic and fact-packed tour guide that we barely noticed the temperature. Clearly this is the way to go if you want an intimate, tailored tour of Broadway. Tim is an actor and a teacher, and those skills transfer wonderfully on this tour. It felt like we were getting the real scoop on behind-the-scenes information about the history of this wonderful area. There were even ghost stories! I especially liked the way he incorporated his tablet (iPad?) into the talk. He used it to pull up historical pictures of the theaters and people that he was talking about, so we got to see exactly how it looked then and were able to compare how it looks now. (A couple of times he'd position us so that we had the same vantage point from which the picture was shot and then hold up the tablet so that past and present were side-by-side. It was one of the most innovative and effective uses of an iPad that I've ever seen.) The picture of us in Times Square at the end was an unexpected bonus. I cannot say enough good things about this tour. Well worth the price!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Thanks Tim, the tour was so packed with fun facts and stories the time flew by even though it was a cold night. We really had fun. Since we were going to see Wicked that night Tim even told us behind the cutrain facts for that show. It was a great walking tour - I would highly recommend it!