“Fantastic!!”

Broadway Up Close Walking Tours
Ranked #14 of 595 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Have you ever wanted to know which Broadway theaters are haunted? Are you curious to know what a Broadway "swing" is? Have you ever heard about the ghost light? If so, then this tour is just for you! "The Great White Way" has always been a world full of mystery, tradition, history and spectacle. Now, you too can learn all there is to know about Broadway on our two hour tour. All of our guides are working theatre professionals and will share stories and anecdotes from Broadway!
New York, New York, United States
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is flat out, the BEST walking tour happening in NYC. Tim's knowledge is incredible and the route is both manageable and completely fulfilling. There's really nothing like this in NYC. I highly, highly recommend this tour.

Visited August 2012

Knoxvillle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Tim really went above and beyond. Easy to communicate with ahead of time, very accomadating of my schedule. The tour was fantastic. Whether you're a novive (like me) or a seasoned veteran of Broadway, you'll love the BUC tour.

Chichester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Highlight of our NYC trip...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I almost feel this is a bit of a redundant review, given the weight of overwhelmingly positive reponses for Tim here. If you have read even a few of these you already know what I'm going to say... our experience of Tim was every bit as good as the other reviews on here.

Tim was a delight to be around, and although we are typically shy Brits, his enthusiasm was infectious and we all just relaxed. We are a family of four with 2 teenage "kids" (18 yr old girl and 19 yr old boy) and we *all* really enjoyed the tour and Tim's humour and warmth. Even those of us without a huge passion for the theatre beforehand were really entertained and enthused throughout. The complimentary photo at the end of the tour is a really nice touch. So often other tour companies use that as a way of plying some more cash from you!

Tim works really hard on the tour and it shows, I hope he's really proud of these reviews as he's worked his socks off to earn this level of recognition.

Probably the best time we had during our NYC visit (and we did loads of tours and trips!). Thanks Tim! :o)

Visited August 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Amazingly Informative and Entertaining !!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Was visitng NYC on a bus trip to see a musical. I was looking for a tour that I could take until the show started at 2pm. Contacted B.U.C about scheduling a tour. Spoke to Tim who explained how the tour operates. I gave Time the time slot that I was looking to do a tour and oh boy did he deliver !! My kids (ages 12 & 17), who love plays and musicals, and I enjoyed the tour tremendously. It was very informative and was the perfect activity just before our 2pm matinee. We learned so many interesting facts about many of the broadway theatres and we have a new sense of appreciation for how these theatres came to be. Tim was very personable and I would highly recommend him to any group interested in taking the Broadway Up Close tour.

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Broadway Lover loves Broadway Up Close!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is by far the best walking tour I have ever been on!!! Traveling is a big part of my profession and I take walking tours all over the world and have not enjoyed a tour as much as I did this one. Tim was our tour guide and was so full of energy, knowledge, charisma, and love of the theatre that I couldn't help but smile through the entire tour. I really enjoyed hearing about the history of each of the theatres as well as little details about performers I love to see!! I look forward to seeing what Broadway Up Close has in store for me the next time I'm in NYC. Thank you so much Tim and BUC!