“Broadway Lover loves Broadway Up Close!!!!”

Broadway Up Close Walking Tours
Ranked #14 of 644 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Have you ever wanted to know which Broadway theaters are haunted? Are you curious to know what a Broadway "swing" is? Have you ever heard about the ghost light? If so, then this tour is just for you! "The Great White Way" has always been a world full of mystery, tradition, history and spectacle. Now, you too can learn all there is to know about Broadway on our two hour tour. All of our guides are working theatre professionals and will share stories and anecdotes from Broadway!
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is by far the best walking tour I have ever been on!!! Traveling is a big part of my profession and I take walking tours all over the world and have not enjoyed a tour as much as I did this one. Tim was our tour guide and was so full of energy, knowledge, charisma, and love of the theatre that I couldn't help but smile through the entire tour. I really enjoyed hearing about the history of each of the theatres as well as little details about performers I love to see!! I look forward to seeing what Broadway Up Close has in store for me the next time I'm in NYC. Thank you so much Tim and BUC!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Tim did a wonderful job on the Broadway Theatre tour...From start to end...very interesting facts and tidbits to quirk the mind...

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had a terrific tour with Tim Dolan. I read all of the previous reviews and was very impressed with the way it sounded. I emailed him to ask my questions and he was very quick to get back to me. When we arrived for our tour, he was already there. He was knowledgeable and presented the information in an interesting and entertaining way. He had an ipad, which he used to show us photos of the history of certain theatres. At the end of the tour, he took our pictures, which he then emailed to us. My husband and I highly recommend this tour. It is a fun activity to do, whether you see a lot of shows (as we do) or not.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

oh man, where can I even begin!! Right from the first 5 minutes of this tour I knew it was going to be amazing because I learned 3 new and interesting facts about Broadway that I'd never known before. I studied musical theatre in college and I've seen a lot of shows in NYC over the past 4 years that I've lived here, but I was not prepared for the amount of awesome new information I would be learning on this tour. Tim Dolan led our tour and this guy is just SO knowledgable about Broadway. He knew so many great anecdotes about every theatre we passed! This is also a great tour for anyone who loves architecture because he pointed out all the old architectural beauty of each theatre and also had an interactive portion with old historical photos of the theatres from when they were built or renovated.
Tim is also just one of the funniest guys ever, so he made every single stop super fun.
The ghost stories were the best!
I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who loves broadway, architecture, or theatre history!
I can't wait for PART TWO!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was invited by a friend to come along on this tour, now im not a big fan of learning, BUT ! This was so interesting and intriguing. Tim is so funny and the facts will keep you on your toes. Amazing tour!