“Best rental apartment in NYC”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 18 reviews

Reviews from our community

Lisa M
Sydney, Australia
“Best rental apartment in NYC”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

I had the privilege of stayed in this fabulous apartment for almost two weeks while working in New York recently. The location is fantastic - in the heart of Chelsea, close to major subway lines (handy for visiting friends in Brooklyn and the upper west side) and walking distance to some of the city's best restaurants and bars. The apartment itself is perfect - beautifully decorated with quality furniture and artwork, large and very comfortable bed, great shower/bath, fast internet connection and a secluded private terrace. Lawrence was a gorgeous and generous host - nothing was too much trouble. And the bonus - when I found out he was a well known hair stylist I did something I'd been wanting to do for years - cut my hair short. Now I have the most amazing new look and of course will have to come back for regular cuts! Thank you so much Lawrence - your generosity and attention to detail made my time in NYC this summer extra special.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The aesthics of the apartment, the bed and the balcony and the fact that everying worked
Traveling group: Solo Traveler

Australia
Reviewed March 22, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Bonbon198...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great apartment in perfect location”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed here in early December on our first trip to New York. The location is fantastic, loads of bars and restaurants within walking distance. We really loved Buddakhan in Chelsea and the Spotted Pig in the Village. Chelsea, the Village and the Highline are all a stones throw and great for wandering around. The subway is at the end of the road and was great for getting up and downtown quickly (after we realised on the first day that walking from Central Park back to the apartment really is quite a hike!) We loved being able to go to places anywhere in Manhattan during the day and then having loads of choices in the local neighborhoods at night. The apartment itself looks just as does in the pictures, if not better. The bed is so comfortable and enormous! It is up a few flights of stairs with no lift, this didn't bother us at all but might be something to consider if you have any mobility issues. Lawrence was really great throughout booking and our whole stay and I would recommend this place to friends and family without hesitation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: little bit cold on occasion but it was December!
RoseySydn...
Sydney
“Great Apartment, Great Location!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

We arrived just before Christmas for 10 nights and Lawrence met us at the apartment to give us the run though. We were so happy that it was just as described and was so close to the subway, two lines so really easy to get around! Short walk to High Line and the Village. Lawrence's recommendation of local restaurants was perfect and we could walk to all of them!. Coffee was easy to get in the morning from Coppella, the Cuban diner only a minute away. The West Side Market was really handy to get yummy eats, including premade salads, meals and desserts on your way home! And I can't forget the Donut Pub for a fresh muffin or donut at any time of day!
The bed was comfortable, and the apartment was clean and so quite!
All in all, we loved this Apartment and it easily accommodated our teenage son for a few nights as well, We would stay here again, and would have little hesitation in recommending it..

Cambridge
Reviewed May 1, 2013 for a stay in September 2012

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
heuster3
Barstow, California
“My new home away from home!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 for a stay in November 2012
people found this review helpful

This would be my first time to New York City. And there's no better place to spend a Thanksgiving week than NYC. I looked at different hotels on TA, but there's also a "vacation rentals" section similar to VRBO. I considered location, public transportation, and accessibility to everything, and found this property. And yes, it is a gem....a hidden gem. Keep in mind, it's on the 3rd floor and there is no elevator. However, once you reach it, you are home.

Rich hardwood floors that creak wonderfully! There's a nice balcony that overlooks the yards and the buildings around them. On a clear day, you can see the tip of the Empire State Building. One of the best things, the one thing I value the most, is how peaceful and quiet this apartment is. Since it faced the back, the only thing that I rarely heard was a faint siren.

Great homey living room with comfortable couch that folds out. However, since I snore like a chainsaw, I just slept on it...because it was soft. There's a small kitchen that is great. The first night, not really knowing the area, we just went to the Westside Market and picked up food to prepare. But what we liked best was taking our time in the morning since there was no one to bother you like at the hotels. My only complaint was that the coffee maker only made 4 cups and I love drinking coffee. So when I'd make the second pot, I'd go down to the Donut Pub, which is about 4 doors away, and pick up some baked goods. I did this every morning! Reminded me of Paris!

Another great thing is how warm the apartment stayed when the heater was on. I rarely had it above 65-70. Good size bathroom and bedroom. Flat screens tvs. We really felt like we lived here. So much so, a couple on 14th street asked us for directions...so I guess we looked like we lived here too. The 1 subway was on 7th and if you were inclined to walk, you could make up to Times Square and back with no problem. We did that on the 2nd day until we started using the subway.

Booking the apartment was easy and Lawrence met us there to give us the keyt, even called to check and see if everything was alright the next day, and if we had any questions, he was available. The apartment is close to Greenwich, Soho, and easy walking distance to Little Italy and Chinatown. The neighborhood is great too! Quite a few restaurants and shops in walking distance. I can't wait to return and will definitely stay here again!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Loved how peaceful and quiet it is!
Friends getaway
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
$275
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing