“Great bar for NFL in Times Square”
Review of The Mean Fiddler

The Mean Fiddler
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mean Fiddler is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Irish Bar and restaurant. Irish/American comfort food with a twist. Vegetarian and gluten free options available. Live music venue Saturday through Wednesday from 8.30 PM. DJ seven nights a week. Private party room available.
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I visit New York every December, sometimes I go to a game (Giants/Jets) but if I don't watch a live game I'll look to spend all day in a bar watching the games, I used to head to Bradys bar in Greenwich Village but I found The Mean Fiddler a couple of years ago and love it there.
Probably a dozen TVs across the pub for every game being played, perfect for me as I tend to have a bet in most games, bar was invaded by a coach load of Ravens fans who were good value until the Skins nicked it.
Food is decent, I had medium wings which come up big and pack a reasonable punch, upgrade to 'hot' and you might regret it !
Not a place for a cosy quiet drink after work with the missus but if a few budies are getting together for a beer then this place is perfect,

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I stumbled across this bar whilst having our photos taken outside the next door club, Copacabana.

Glad we did as we were warmly greeted by the bar lady as soon as we entered.

Nice and quick service with a smile and great food, we had one of the classic burgers and a cheese n tomato toasted sandwich.

Would definitely go back!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

always water to see this show and wasn't disappointed.
lovely theatre and Fantastic cast , it is well worth going to see this show

Reviewed September 5, 2012

had some awesome nights craic in this place, decent dj too, locals friendly, terrible hangover tho - enjoy !!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

It is very casual, the hot buffalo wings are great and the beer is cheap. Great if you just want to chill and not be bothered with too much service.

2  Thank msjess4444