“A great way to experience NYC”
other travelers have booked this property
DSC00042.JPG DSC00041.JPG
DSC00044.JPG
DSC00048.JPG
DSC00047.JPG
DSC00043.JPG
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Caz B
Sydney, Australia
“A great way to experience NYC”
Reviewed June 28, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

We had spent time in downtown Manhatten on previous visits, and wanted to have a local experience in Harlem. The townhouse was roomy, light and had plenty of charm . Milton was welcoming, always helpful and knowledgeable - I'd choose a local over a concierge anytime.
The subway is close, however we used the bikes as, with only a few blocks to Central Park, we rode most days ( loving the spring gardens) and used the park as a base to branch out to the museums nearby.
Locally, we loved the many options for great eats, amateur night at the Apollo Theatre( just around the corner) and the Sunday morning gospel service a must. Coming home after a night out was easy as there were always people around and it is only 20-30 mins on the train.
We used the garden & BBQ and had several chats on the classic front stoop.The supplies already in the kitchen were a pleasant find and the wireless Internet fast and reliable. This place more than met our expectations. We didn't want a sanitized hotel experience, chic perfect furnature, we wanted 'real' , comfort, cleanliness and good value for money .We weren't disappointed.

Liked best: Location,price,owner
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
Mark M
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
“I Got to Be A Part of It!”
Reviewed March 4, 2012 for a stay in February 2012
people found this review helpful

This was the perfect place for me to experience the essence of New York living! The owner/manager of the apartment, Milton, was the perfect concierge for directing me to great points of interest. With Amy Ruth's chicken and waffles within 12 blocks, Jacob's Soul Food Restaurant right around the corner, and the Golden Crust down the street providing for my beef patty fix, the location was a foodie's dream! The location also provided easy access to the subway for getting to anywhere I desired, and given I wasn't an experienced subway rider, it was quite the excellent adventure in making my way to Times Square, SOHO and eventually Brooklyn. I'll definitely be back to NY and I'll book this place upon my return!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I loved the location right in the midst of Harlem and in close proximity to Columbia University.
Liked least: While the subway is very easily accessible, it didn't go to the airport, so I just caught a cab.
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Friends getaway Older travelers
Melbourne
Reviewed December 11, 2011 for a stay in November 2011

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Colin399
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great location, Great value”
Reviewed September 8, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

I must admit to being apprehensive about booking a two week stay with all the horror stories of Apartment rentals. However, the apartment was fine and great value for money. Although it raised a few eyebrows when I told people we were staying in Harlem there was absolutely no problem whatsoever in the local vicinity. Access to the Metro & local buses was virtually on the doorstep & the Public Transport Service is fantastic. We were playing tennis in the Bronx & Randalls Island & this location was perfect. Only a few blocks north of Central Park and easy to get Downtown to all the tourist locations.
All in all a perfect stay. The landlord Milton is a true gentleman and honourable.
He wanted us to be happy and nothing was too much trouble. I want to stay again!!

Liked best: Value
Liked least: Street noise at front
Traveling group: With Friends
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Il
Reviewed August 15, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Traveling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 55-64
Belgium
Reviewed August 15, 2011 for a stay in July 2011
person found this review helpful

Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Germany
Reviewed July 26, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Traveling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing