“Great show, amazing music, intimate theatre”
Review of Rock of Ages - CLOSED

Rock of Ages
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The theatre was rather small but very comfortable and the performance was amazing! Drinks are served in the aisles throughout the show. This show is not really child friendly.

1  Thank Terri H

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Fantastic show, full of energy and a wonderful cast. Not only was it a musical, it was a comedy. Not a show for young children, We had our 16 year old with us and he enjoyed it. It is in the smallest broadway theater so most all of the seats are good. You don't won't to be to far to the right or you will miss some of the show. It was a last minute decision for us and we are so glad we did!!!

1  Thank laurasim
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great music and singing. And ATMOSPHERE is just like living in the 70s and 80s again! Not much foul language and no nudity!! (Points taken off.) Off-color adult humor, suggestive language and racy costumes. I wouldn't take young teenagers but the audience had a great time, women 35 yrs old (and much older) were jumping up and down during some spots, mimicking Sherri on-stage (if you catch my drift). Shocking!!

Met some people during intermission who have come back to see again for 3rd time, even 9 times. Had heard some have come back to see DOZENS of time. I myself will be back again to see, and this is the FIRST Broadway play I can say that for. Fantastic play, you'll both laugh and cry. And some would say it's more like a PARTY with a PLAY going on because they REALLY get into it!!

Relatively small theatre so every seat is good, we were in the Mezz. Was well air-conditioned. Bar was upstairs as well as down. Waitress came around selling jello-shots. What more can I say? I'm sorry I didn't see this play a lot sooner! You will regret not seeing it if you miss it.

And FORGET about the 2012 movie version with Tom Cruise, that was TERRIBLE and didn't have much in common with the play, like extra characters, some characters minimalized, etc etc etc

3  Thank Domino1969
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunally the person above has no idea of what they are saying. The show was fantastic with great job by actors who definitely enjoyed what they were doing. If your a rocker from the 80's, make a point to see it, well worth the money. Sound was sensational in a small older theater. 5 star for me

1  Thank jackceleste
See more reviews
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was a very high energy show, and it was fun for all adults (it is too mature for children imo). The cast members were all very good and seemed to be having a great time. The guy selling jello shooters really seemed to be getting into the music and having a great time. The theater is the smallest broadway theater according to one of the cast members, and there really are no bad seats that I saw.

1  Thank amyw2012