“Get good seats!”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Get good seats!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Rock of Ages is a fun, loud, raunchy musical that makes you feel like you're at a concert back in the 80s. The music is fantastic of course, as are the musicians. We were 2 couples and we all enjoyed it. However, our seats were in the mezzanine section 3rd row from the back. I had to keep peering around the heads of people in front of me because you are looking down toward the stage. Many of the performers on stage do not even look up toward the mezzanine, so you never see their full face or expressions (with the exception of the lead actress who played Sherie - she was truly wonderful!). We paid $150 per ticket and I honestly feel it was not worth it. I'm sure the orchestra has better seats. So study the seating chart before you buy. We also had people coughing next to us, and I ended up getting sick! And finally, if you are a big person like my brother (6'4") you will be very cramped!

1 Thank Cathylynn06

Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Totally Awesome!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We hadn't planned to see Rock of Ages but it was available a the TKTS booth so we thought we'd give it a try. It turned out to be the highlight of our weekend trip. The singers are amazing especially the male lead. The music is fantastic and it was hilarious! You must put this musical on your list of must-sees especially if you enjoy 80's monster ballads!

2 Thank AprilMann
Toronto
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Loved it”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Bought same day tickets at the discount booth in Times Square for 40% off, and they were 2nd row seats! Our location is the theatre was perfect as on a couple of occasions cast members interacted with us and we were showered with confetti in the final number. High energy production with a variety of popular 80s rock songs. The acting and singing from all was great and the male lead was especially amazing.

1 Thank DebKToronto
Melbourne
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“WE DIDNT STOP LAUGHING!!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I took my partner to Rock of Ages as i knew it would be a show he would enjoy even though he hates the theatre! We both didn’t stop laughing, singing or dancing the whole time! Its a must do while your in new york. Have some drinks while you’re there and have a dance and sing along to all the classics! Highly Recommended!!

Visited December 2012
Tallahassee
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“So much fun”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I wasn't sure this was the musical for me. 80s music and big hair!!! Surprise...It was great fun. Beware, there is language and suggestive moves that might not be appropriate for younger children. If you can get tickets closer to the stage, the better you will enjoy. There is a lot of action that you might miss further back! I would certainly go see this musical again.