“A very nice surprise”
Review of Piccola Cucina

Piccola Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccola Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #285 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: SoHo
Santiago, Chile
“A very nice surprise”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I had dinner at Piccola Cucina 2 weeks ago, we went with with another couple to celebrate my birthday so we ordered 4 dishes. They were all excellent, the mood of the place is fantastic, service was fast and friendly. The eggplant parmeggian and the pasta al forno were to die for. Enjoy this little jewel in the middle of Soho!

• Visited October 2012

• Hebrew first
Lexington, South Carolina
“Very average meal this time”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was our 2nd dinner here, and we wished we went somewhere else for dinner because dinner is a special event for us when we are in NYC. Mainly the menu does not offer many choices. They have a very specific Sicilian menu, and not really to our liking. Two groups came in while we were there, looked at the menu and left. The 2-ladies waiting tables were very good, and the restaurant is very quaint, and quiet - refreshing for NYC. The location was perfect. If we go again we will check the menu to see if it has been changed.

Visited September 2012
pennsylvania
“Nightmare!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were visiting an art gallery on the same street and looking for a quick bite when we stumbled upon this little place. My son as SEVERE, DEADLY, food allergies and we usually feel safe with Italian food. The prices seemed reasonable so we decided to give it a try. My son ordered eggplant cannoloni. I told the waitress about his allergies to nuts and sesame seeds and also explained that sesame seeds can be in bread crumbs so it was important to know if breading or bread crumbs were used in the dish he ordered. She assured us it was fine. When the dish came I had a mother's intuition that something was amiss and I again asked using the Italian "sesamo semenza" to be sure she understood my query and she again said it was fine. My son took a few bites and told me his throat felt tight. My husband went to the manager and asked him about the dish and we were then told it did indeed contain bread crumbs. I had to administer an Epi-Pen to my son in the bathroom and ran out of the restaurant to flag a cab to the ER, leaving my husband and other son to pay the bill. The restaurant staff could not be less cavalier about the whole thing, just pretending none of it was going on and not even offering to make up for it with a discount or anything!!
As far as the food, I barely got a chance to try mine but I can tell you that although it may be good (according to my husband who managed to eat his) the portions are absolutely minute. His pasta was served in a 1/2 cup ramekin.
Obviously we had a situation that is unusual but the staff's reaction could have been better considering the circumstances and needless to say the whole ordeal left "a bad taste in my mouth"

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank robe715
hong kong
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Walked in Piccola Cuccina by chance for dinner, as it was half empty on a Tuesday night, and walked out in amazement at the culinary standard, which we never expected from such a tiny and simple looking restaurant. Authentic, tasty Sicilian food of the highest quality, well matched with the wine suggested by the waiter; very gentle and attentive service; nice relaxed atmosphere, opening on a quiet leafy street; inexpensive to boot. This miracle can't last forever; if they continue at the same level, they will become so popular that they will have to grow larger and more expensive; one can only wish them every success.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank vwhk
Seymour, Connecticut
“Good things come in small packages”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Piccola Cucina may be tiny but is huge on taste. Don't pass this little place by. Service was amazing and the food was incredible.

Visited July 2012