“All-In-One Down town tour is a must!”
Review of Free Tours by Foot

Free Tours by Foot
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present name-your-own-price New York walking tours. We cover all of Manhattan, parts of Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. We also offer name-your-own-price food, bike and bus tours as well as ghost tours as well as free self-guide tours and audio tours. No upfront costs. You decide what a tour was worth or what you could afford once a tour is over. It's the best money back guarantee in the business.
Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“All-In-One Down town tour is a must!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I loved this tour to see all of the things we hadn't already seen given we had been in NYC for 3 days prior. I highly suggest going on this tour to get enrichment on the historical sights and small yet significant sights that we would have definitely missed if we had not gone! I like being able to pay based on what i felt it was worth, it makes it feel more laid back and I'm less likely to grumble about how large my CC bill will be after this trip :s
I would have liked if this tour started later though given that museums in NY hours are limited and I felt I could have squeezed a trip in. But, definitely worth the 6hrs!

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
McAllen, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent Tour!!!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We did the up-town and the down-town bus tours (3 hours each) with Onel. We paid $15 dlls for the bus rental (each tour). (So it's $15 + what you wish to pay for the tour).
It is a small bus, a little more than 20 seats, so it's a very good size group.

We got to see a lot! And we walked a lot! I hate de "panoramic" tours where you never get off the bus, but this is not the case! We would get off and the bus would pick us up a couple of block later, so we really were "there", not only "passed by".

If you have trouble walking it may be not the best tour for you. My parents got very tired, in fact my father stayed in the bus on a couple of stops. He missed some nice things!!!!

By the way, our tour guide, Onel, is from Brooklyn... He's very good and fun, but boy, he speaks fast!!! English is not my first language (as you can see...), so we had A LOT of trouble keeping track of his commentary. I wish he did tours in Spanish! (he speaks perfect spanish) If you are not very good at understanding English, be aware you wont get even half of what he's telling, but even then, I would defenetly take Free Tours by Foot every time I visit NYC!

Onel took a picture of the group and sent it to each of us in the group, wich is very nice of him!
Thanks Onel and see you next time in NY! (in spanish!!!!)

Bengaluru, India
504 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 707 helpful votes
“LOTS OF FUN, MANY PLACES TO SEE”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Free tours by foot in New York City. I went to free tour by foot of LOWER MANHATTAN on the 19th of September. The tour was very well organized and all of us in the tour had lot of fun. The tour started from the Charging Bull near Bowling Green and went to Battery Park and places around Statue of Liberty and some sculptures and WALL STREET,ST. Paul's Chapel Occupy wall street Park and many more historic places.
The Guides were excellent and explained in detail everything on the way till the end of the tour. It was a two hour tour and it did not include 9/11 memorial. The reason being that there will be long queue for the tickets and a long queue which I found out later. I did the 9/11Memorial separately by booking the tickets online.
Don't miss this tour if you are in NYC.

Toronto
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Best walking tours around”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

What a wonderful concept and so well done. Excellent guides loaded with knowledge and passion for their subjects. We did the tour of High Line Park and the tour of Harlem. Wish we had had time to do more. Best value tours ever! Pay what you can/want. Worth more than you could pay.

Quebec, Quebec, Canada
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“All in one Downtown is a must”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Having been to New York several times, i visited Wall street, World trade center and the rest of downtown several times without having a lot of information on it. At first i wanted to take the downtown tour only and head up by myself to high line park. Since the all in one covered also Greenwich, soho and Highline park, I decided to take the 6 hour tours and benefit from the informations from our guide. Our guide Onel was great! Very funny and knowledgeable, he answered everybody's questions and gave a lot of description and history as well as a New yorker point of view which was nice! He was also really good at giving advice on places to see, where to eat or (most importantly) don't eat, etc. When he had a question about a landmark or restaurant, he made sure to point it out if we came across it a little bit later.

The tour is long (6 hours) and we walk for the whole time or so (2 short subway ride and about 45min. to an hour for lunch). We did have a few bathroom breaks and snack/water breaks along the way though...To me, it was all worth it.

Be sure to where good shoes and please, read carefully on the website for tips on subway. They recommend that you arrive with a metro card containing SUFFICIENT value to make 2 trips. Our group was large and we only had a couple of people without a card but it did take several minutes more for them to get it sort out...

Also, although it says free tour, the guide is only paid by tips at the end. Common practice in Europe but not so much in America. You judge how much it is worth and leave what you think is fair. I would just say that it is a non stop 6 HOURS tour...don't leave the same tip you would for a 10$ meal...

1 Thank Jean-François N