“I will be doing another tour with your company”
Review of Free Tours by Foot

Free Tours by Foot
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present name-your-own-price New York walking tours. We cover all of Manhattan, parts of Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. We also offer name-your-own-price food, bike and bus tours as well as ghost tours as well as free self-guide tours and audio tours. No upfront costs. You decide what a tour was worth or what you could afford once a tour is over. It's the best money back guarantee in the business.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This week was my first visit to NYC. I was on a budget and I thought that the tours were really pricey, so i researched free tours and Free Tours By Foot came up. I saw no obligation so I signed up and I was in for the biggest history lesson. I took the all in one tour that lasted 6 hours and i was not bored. Robin our tour guide kept us entertained and also gave us pointers how to buy chinese dumplins lol. I will return to NYC and take one of your tours again

1  Thank zanakaye
Write a ReviewReviews (6,214)
All reviews
"great tour"
in 497 reviews
"lower manhattan"
in 417 reviews
"lower east side food tour"
in 138 reviews
in 68 reviews
"knish"
in 55 reviews

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is the third Footstep Tour I have taken as I vow to do one every year on my annual visit to see my son. I have always wanted to learn about this interesting area of NYC which is well off the beaten path. It was fascinating to see all the music venues, the Abyssinan Church (which I want to return to for a Weds Service) and the politically significant figures in American history. Our guide was informative showing us places where Louis Armstrong, Dizzy and Aretha Franklin and many more artists started out. We even stopped at the famous Sylvia's for samples of candied yams, collard greens and corn bread. I wish we had allowed more time to stay for a meal. Go now....the area is changing with $2 million brownstones on one side of the street and boarded up homes on the other side in some places. Even the meeting place was interesting!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We did the above mentioned tour with Courtney. It was a really successful one - the food was very nice, filling, diversfied and really inexpansive. But actually it was the less interesting part of the tour, because we found the history of the neighborhood and the stories around the food more interesting (and with more "added value" than just eating...). Courtney was very knowladgeable in that field, and morever - she showed us some nice other stuff, like graffiti and nice stickers (e.g. "Jew-York"). In short, highly recommended.

1  Thank Da Z
Reviewed January 6, 2013

During my stay in New York I did 3 walking tours - Downtown, Greenwich village and Brooklyn Heights. All of the tour guides were really friendly and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed Each of the tours. It was a pity was the middle of Winter when I went, making walking outside for long periods challenging. The guides did their best to keep us warm. The groups weren't too big and you were free to ask questions. The pace was easy and the distances weren't significant.
Definitely recommend this tour company. Great way to experience the local.

1  Thank Casey A
See more reviews
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We enjoyed two walking tours with this company during a recent trip to New York. One in Central Park with John and one of Midtown Manhattan with Onel. Both were very informative and really added to our knowledge of New York. John was especially helpful after our tour finished by helping us get the right subway ticket, and as we did the tour with Onel on New Year's Day he took us on a different route to avoid Times Square as he knew everyone was sick of it by then, so we got to see other sights such as the UN building which weren't normally in this tour. We also took a walking tour with another company in New York but Free Tours by Foot were definitely better!