“Harlem Walking Tour”
Review of Free Tours by Foot

Free Tours by Foot
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present name-your-own-price New York walking tours. We cover all of Manhattan, parts of Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. We also offer name-your-own-price food, bike and bus tours as well as ghost tours as well as free self-guide tours and audio tours. No upfront costs. You decide what a tour was worth or what you could afford once a tour is over. It's the best money back guarantee in the business.
Reviewed December 16, 2012

During the 22 years that I lived in NYC, I never visited Harlem. Read about the "free" tour...where you pay what you believe the tour is worth. Nothing to lose.....and found that there was everything to gain. We had a well informed guide, Derrick. For two plus hours, our group walked through historic neighborhoods learning as we walked. The architecture as well as the history of Harlem is most interesting. I am so glad that I came upon this tour. I will definitely take other tours when next in NYC...and also in Washington DC.

1  Thank KathyNH
Write a ReviewReviews (6,433)
All reviews
"great tour"
in 500 reviews
"lower manhattan"
in 401 reviews
"lower east side food tour"
in 137 reviews
in 64 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed December 15, 2012

The tour was well organised and fantastic. Our guide Dereck was exceptional. My only regret is that I didn't discover this company earlier on in my stay as I would have liked to do all of their New York tours!!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I went on five different tours, and I found them to be better than the paid tours I did in NYC, so I stopped doing other tours. The food tours were a lot of fun and I used them to know where to go back and eat with friends later on.

I have already recommended to friends that they should be doing these tours. You learn more, have more fun, meet more people, and yet they are cheaper than other tours.

1  Thank aussie-matthew
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great tour. Brian was part actor and historian . This tour was as good as a tour we took of Gettysburg . His native Boston accent added to the experience . After two tours, we were a bit tired and Brian even guided us thru the subway system (MTA) back to our Hotel. As a native New Englander , we have a good sense of our history. But his knowledge about the area was so complete , I learned a few things that were very interesting.