“Beats Dylan's by 10 miles” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
East Village Walking Tour with Food Tasting
Ranked #7 of 791 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1937, on the Lower East Side Economy Candy is an old-fashioned, family-owned candy store that sells thousands of kinds of chocolates, candies, nuts, dried fruits; including halvah, sugar free candy and of course all the old time candy you had when you were a kid. We also specialize in retail and wholesale sales for weddings/parties and other retail businesses.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Beats Dylan's by 10 miles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Both my kids and I could not get enough of this place. Lots of childhood favorites like razzles, British candy bars and these violet mints I love. I had a cough and was excited to see Pine brothers honey cough drops and Ludens sour cherry, both from childhood local pharmacy. Happy to support this place

1 Thank drosenb722

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Huge selection of candy and international treats. Very busy since it was the Friday before Easter and it is a difficult store to maneuver around. Kids had a blast picking out treats. My Turkish figs were great and reasonably priced (they can some times be very expensive). Already planning to go back.

Houston
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Whaaaatt? I felt like I was in a Candy Junk Yard”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I'd read reviews here and added it to our list of places we just had to see! I was so disappointed. It was so small and incredibly cramped - it just felt really junky. Now, sure, we did still buy candy there, but surely there's a nicer place to get vanilla Tootsie Rolls. I'd rather go to M&M World or Duane Reade for candy. I'm sorry to those folks who love it! I think I'm just spoiled by other old fashioned candy shops that have charm...like La Kings Confectionery in Galveston, TX.

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York, USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sweeeeet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Most complete candy store with huge selection at reasonable prices. Will have your old favorites that you have not seen in years.

New York City
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Old World Charms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Economy Candy offers a wide variety of candies, nuts and dried fruits. Many of their candies are not typically found in candy stores, and have not been seen for decades. A visit to the store is like a trip back in time and the charm comes from experiencing the retro-candies and not the decor. Service is okay but inconsistent.

1 Thank CapitalS