Tripadvisor

from $35.00
from $109.00
from $22.00
94,795 results
All reviews who lost their lives beautiful tribute twin towers fitting tribute moving tribute emotional experience new york survivor tree first responders loved ones guided tour freedom tower visiting nyc victims names tragedy footprints
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This memorial is very touching, heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time. It is so well put together and really lets the visitors reflect upon the events that happened that day. It was very informative and also paid a very heartwarming tribute to the victims and all those who helped. No matter where you’re from, it’s something you definitely should visit if you’re going to New York.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What an excellent memorial, emotional heartfelt, informative interesting and calming. I will never forget this experience and feel privileged to have visited this site including the museum. We travelled mid January and it was very quite no queues so we were able to wander easily and spend as much time as we wished.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Words cannot do this place enough justice. This was the only place I wanted to visit on my trip. I remembering watching the events happen live on TV whilst I was pregnant with my daughter so it was only fitting to come with her and my husband to pay my respects.

The memorials outside are stunning and so beautiful and there is almost a calm and peaceful atmosphere. You can’t understand or explain it until you visit.

The museum is tastefully done but so moving and very sad. Hearing the voices of the people who passed and seeing all the artefacts left over.

I used my City Pass so rather than queuing as I understand it can get extremely busy, you just follow the line for city pass and go straight in.

You will have to go through security but this is common across other attractions in the city.

I would say you need to spend at least 2/3 hours here.

My only criticism is that mobile phones should be switched off as I found it quite disrespect able that some people were taking calls in the museum.

Anyone visiting New York must come here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The museum has some very unique ways of displaying remnants and other donations from the days of this tragic event. It's beautiful to see but so sad as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wanted to visit the memorial and museum for years. After finally getting the chance to visit NYC this was one thing we had to do. I was not disappointed. The man who gave us the guided audio tour was incredible unfortunately can’t remember his name. Actually being there and having things explained to you about the museum and artefacts there was a real eye opener. So moving to see things that was there on that terrible day. I didn’t realise how much detail went into the memorials and museum and the meaning behind some of the bits. Just one example is in the attached photo, each blue Square was painted a different shade of blue to represent each person who lost their life that day and they also reflect to trying to remember the colour of the clear sky on 9/11 Could go on for ever about it but this is probably one of the best experience I’ve had for so many years. Defiantly recommend. To anyone.

1  Thank rmorris92