“Very Moving”

$69.00*
Small-Group Guided 9/11 Memorial Tour with Museum Tickets
$109.00*
and up
All-Access 9/11 Experience: Ground Zero Tour, 9/11 Memorial and Museum, One...
Ranked #2 of 1,120 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The National September 11 Memorial & Museum is a place of remembrance honoring those who perished in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993. The 9/11 Memorial consists of two massive pools set within the original footprints of the Twin Towers with 30-foot waterfalls cascading down their sides. The nearly 3,000 names of the men, women, and children killed in the attacks are inscribed into bronze parapets surrounding the twin Memorial pools. The 9/11 Memorial is open daily from 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. and is free to the public. The 9/11 Memorial Museum displays monumental artifacts linked to the events of 9/11, while presenting intimate stories of loss, compassion, reckoning and recovery that are central to telling the story of the 2001 and 1993 attacks and the aftermath. It also explores the global impact of 9/11 and its continuing significance. The 9/11 Memorial Museum is open Sun - Thu, 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., last entry at 6:00 p.m. and Fri and Sat, 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., last entry at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are required. Open Daily.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

You have to visit here if you're in New York , The Memorial was simply a moving experience. A place to reflect on events passed and absolutle humbling. Awe inspiring

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Security tight (to be expected) queuing long, very moving experience, you have to go there if you have the chance.

1  Thank Adrian H
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The volunteer staff that works at this museum are compassionate people who will answer any questions and give any assistance necessary. Visiting Ground Zero was one of the highlights of our trip

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This review would be an excellent if the security and lining up process was less muddled. You get in a queue and then continually get jostled for the next 40 minutes until you actually make it to the fountains. The place itself is worthy of an excellent rating as it was surreal to actually be there and we spent many moments just reading and touching names and remembering. It is a beautiful place and hopefully once finished the 'chaos' of getting in will be sorted out.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

You must buy a ticket beforehand! You MUSt buy it online only. You MUST have a printer to printout out the "free" ticket. The 911 website does NOT work on a iphone. They say it is free, but charge $2. I showed up at the 911 site without a ticket. I was met by rude screaming guards telling me to get off the street. Only people who reserved their "free" tickets could enter. I asked to purchase tickets for another time. "No lady, you have to order it online. Don't you listen? Step away...Got off the street. Only for ticket holders..."
I went back to hotel, and spent the hour on the ipad buying my "free" ticket. I could not printout where we were staying. (Surprise, I do not travel with a printer.) I had to go to a different office, another $10 carbide, for the printed "free" ticket. Then another $10 carbide to the 911 cabsite.
We finally got in line and still had to wait. We waited outside in 25 degree weather. Went through security. My teenager lost the ticket going through security scanners. So I waited in warmth while holding my 6 year old and my husband helped my teenager find the ticket. SECURITY YELLEED AND SCREAMED AT ME. "You cant stand there lady. This is not a waiting area. I ignored him..." He continued to scream at me. I endured this until I was Pretty sure they would arrest me. I eventually had to wait outside while they checked the ticket again and yelled at me again to move on. My 6 year old and I froze outside while waiting for the my husband and the teenager to find the ticket. They yelled at them too.

Yah, the pools are nice. This was made for New Yorkers only and everyone else apparently should suffer.

12  Thank S O