Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

from $19.00
from $69.00
from $89.99
56,104 results
All reviews who lost their lives beautiful tribute fitting tribute twin towers moving tribute emotional experience survivor tree loved ones new york first responders guided tour the world trade center freedom tower visiting nyc victims names tragedy
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I was unsure what to expect before going to the museum, but it far surpassed my assumptions. They had more artifacts and details then you could imagine, and I truly learned a lot that I had never known before. The museum was huge, and followed a timeline of events, with a moving tribute to every single person who lost their life. I went with a firefighter, who also appreciated the work that went into creating the museum and all of the nods to the first responders. Definitely budget a few hours here. I bought a ticket in advance and only had to wait in a tiny line compared to those who did not pre-book.

3  Thank cbrogs
Reviewed yesterday

This was our first time visiting the Memorial and Museum, once inside your memories are instantly provoked by the images and artifacts leaving you in a sense of shock, like you are reliving what you were doing and thinking when you first witnessed the horror on TV, but seeing it in reality allows it to sink in and leaves you feeling almost numb.

Everyone had seen it on the news, I remember being in Australia on Tuesday night watching TV when the show was interrupted by a news update, then when the second plane hit I was just struggling to grasp what was happening. Seeing the news clips and the familiar shapes of the now twisted steel transported you back to the feelings you were struggling with when it happened.

I think the emotion of the loss suffered hits hard with the images, the recorded phone calls and damaged artifacts, allowing people to understand the massive sense of anguish the city of New York still feels from losing both the people and the buildings on Sept 11.

The only two things that tarnished what was a very moving experience was the lack of respect of some people who filmed where they were not supposed to smiling for selfies etc, they seemed to have no sense of humanity and the disrespect they were showing. The other was the last section of the museum that focused on Al Qaeda and tracking them down, it felt very unnecessary and somewhat tarnished what was a very emotional tour, that was my opinion anyway.

But it is a must see to fully grasp the horrible tragedy of 2001.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

There was no way you could go to New York and not visit this memorial. It was haunting, breathtaking & emotional, but extremely well done, showing the lead up to & tragic events that happened on that devastating day that changed the world. The victims of this tragedy were memorialized with the love & respect they deserved.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

It is a very nice museum but there were lots of people so it was hard to get in the flow. So much stuff it was kind of overload. Would love to go back when it wasn’t so crowded.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Visited on School Trip. This was one of the most powerful experiences that I’ve ever had as an educator. Our students are all 16/17 years old and lots was put into perspective for them. We also went on Veterans Day. Our kids left with a new appreciation.

Reviewed yesterday

It took me awhile to get there because I experienced that following week in NYC. I’m happy I waited and I think they did a fabulous job memorializing those that lost their lives. We Will Never Forget!

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

A very emotional visit to this memorial, very sobering scenes of hurt & anguish from the people of NYC.
A great memorial for a very sad event.

POWERFUL!

If you are in the area...
If you have the time......
You really MUST come and see this.

It was done so well that a simple picture would not do it justice. You really must go and see it.

There are several sections you cannot take pictures. The balance......taking to heart the family of those involved, paying tribute to those who survived and those who gave everything, while being mindful and considerate were well played. This is a collaboration of many people who really got it right.

Thank you for making this a space for years to come to remind us of what’s important.

***If you are going plan on taking 3 hours for just the museum to really take it all in. Took my New York friend for the first time....and let’s just say it hits you where it counts. ***

No pictures from me on this one....you need to just take it all in.

Reviewed yesterday

A moving, heartbreaking experience. We took the guided tour and very glad we did - the earphones allowed us to learn a lot from our guide while blocking out the noisy crowd around us, allowing us to focus and absorb the full impact of the artifacts. Also, this isn't something to rush through, so allow time to fully experience everything you will take in. Likewise, ensure you leave yourselves time afterwards to reflect and appreciate what you've learned. I do wish the staff would do more to intercept the few visitors who act inappropriately (laughing, joking, running, etc.) but realize there's only so much they can monitor.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Such an emotional area. I really wanted to go and show my affection and condolences. So many people died. Such a beautiful memorial