Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

from $26.00
from $19.00
from $24.95
85,011 results
All reviews who lost their lives beautiful tribute fitting tribute twin towers moving tribute emotional experience survivor tree heart wrenching loved ones new york first responders guided tour the world trade center freedom tower visiting nyc victims names
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was our first stop while staying in NYC. We did not reserve tickets online as they recommend, but we were able to walk right up and get them without a problem. There is no cost, but they do ask for a donation (not required). There was a small line to get through a security checkpoint, but it moved quickly and is, I think, completely understandable.

When we got to the memorial itself, I was shocked at how tall the new tower is. They have recently finished it, and it is taller than both of the North and South Towers were. The memorial pools were also beautiful- a very touching monument to the men and women who lost their lives. If you are looking for a specific name, as we were, there is an automated guide. You can type in the name and it will give you a print out & map of what pool and bronze piece he/she is on.

The museum and other parts of the memorial are still under construction, but I will be returning to see them once it is all finished. The beginnings look like they will be very nicely completed.

Also, if you look to the new tower at night in Manhattan, it is lit up with red, white, and blue lights. There is a dark spot near the top memorializing the location where the towers were hit. It is a very, very cool touch.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Found this tour online through tripadvisor and directed to Viator site. We had an amazing tour guide Debbie M. The experience was an emotional and memorable experience. Debbie made the experience even more meaningful with her incredible pictures, historical perspective and personal narrative. We can't thank Debbie Mason enough for going above and beyond in helping Calif tourists navigate NYC. After completing our 2+ hr tour, Debbie walked us to the subway station, instructed on the purchase of Metro cards and decided to ride with us and go for some shopping therapy at Macy's. I must say that everyone we asked for any help or directions in NYC would graciously steer us on our way. Thank you NYC and Debbie Mason for a wonderful 5 nights in the Big Apple!!!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am not trying to be disrespectful when I rate this atraction poor. It was beautiful and powerful, but the lack of toilet facilities causes me to give it a poor score.

I paid $10 to view the memorial. I was not expecting the amenities of a theme park, but bathrooms are important, especially if you wait in line before entering.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Seven years ago, my husband and I stayed at the Hilton across the street and looked down into the gapping hole that was the WTC. It was very sobering. Recently, we returned to NYC with our teenage daughters and felt that a visit to the 9/11 Memorial was important. I believe everyone visiting NYC should make a stop at the 9/11 Memorial to remember those who lost their lives that day. Although construction of additional WTC buildings in ongoing, the plaza is fenced off from all of that so that you can view the amazing pools. The memorial will be a million times better in a few years when construction is completed. The plaza will be open from all sides with easy access. The museum will be a great place to remember and to teach children about what happened. The museum building is completed on the outside at this point, but nothing is inside yet. Currently, there are security lines similar to an airport. This is a pain, but is temporary while construction is going on. You can reserve passes for a specific day/time online for a $2/pass convenience charge. There is also an option to just show up, with no charge to get in, but you take your chances on whether or not they have space for you. We visited during the day, but I am sure it is beautiful at night with the lights in the pools. The area is very loud and congested with all the construction going on, but that's typical NYC anyway.

1  Thank Wendylynn68
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The designers have created a remarkable memorial for the victims of the 9/11 attacks of the World Trade Centre.