InterContinental New York Times Square
GreenLeadersGold level
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Hotel has a nice location for Broadway shows, the rooms are quite big for this price in New York, but closets for clothes are way too small, the bathroom had a walk in shower which I liked, but it had curtains to close it, which felt cheep. Check in was quite efficient.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Ales11_11:

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental New York Times Square for your recent stay, and for posting about your experience! We are so glad that you enjoyed our friendly and efficient service. We also appreciate your constructive comments regarding the shower curtain and closets. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,196)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was attending a medical conference here at the hotel. Special rate didn't hurt :)
Upon arrival, I was checked in quickly and the valet staff was very friendly. I had booked a "deluxe" room that was advertised as "higher floor" however this wasn't really detailed. With 36 floors, I guess I expected to be at least halfway up. That being said, the view from my room was nice-could see the lights etc. The room itself was small but quite comfortable. I can't say enough about the bed and the excellent sleep I got! The bathroom shower was nice and roomy, not sure how I feel about the rain shower head-take it or leave it I guess. I did notice that the back splash in the bathroom (beautiful dark blue glass tile) hadn't been wiped down (looked like toothpaste smatters) and the bath mat and robe had some notable wear and tear. Otherwise, I felt like the room was clean. It happened to be my birthday while I was in New York and my daughter and boyfriend contacted the concierge and had strawberries and champagne sent to my room. When I arrived back from my walk in Central Park, I also had a beautiful little chocolate mousse cake waiting for me compliments of the hotel-very nice touch!! THEN while I was readying for my night at the theater, they brought up ANOTHER chocolate mousse cake-obviously someone made a mistake but it did make a funny memory for my trip! Needless to say, I had PLENTY of chocolate.
The hotel is 2 short blocks from Times Square, right next to a subway stop, has endless dining options on site and a short walking distance, theaters just steps away-you really cannot beat the location. I also cannot say enough about the staff being friendly and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again. I would love to stay on a truly "higher" floor next time-I bet the view is amazing!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear CountryDoc245:

Thank you for your great review! It was a pleasure to host the conference, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the double amenity, but we hope that you enjoyed both! We hope to welcome you back, whether for business or sightseeing in our great city.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

This hotel felt shiny and new, and was only a few minutes from the bustle of Times Square.

The room was not overly large, but a decent size for the city. We particularly liked how the bathroom had a large walk-in shower instead of a bath - so much more practical. We were on the 28th floor, and could still hear some street noise, but apart from that, we had a good sleep. Can't really comment on the staff, as apart from a friendly check-in, it was always very busy in the lobby so there wasn't really that much contact - no offer to carry bags etc. Overall, when comparing the price to other places we have stayed in NYC, this seems good value for money.

There is also a Shake Shack in the same block, with queues all day long! We tried it and thought it was kind of over-rated.

Room Tip: I think that all rooms are of the same size (except for the larger corners), but they charge you to...
Dear KatCon1:

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed our friendly reception, plush bedding, and spa-inspired showers. Thank you for posting about your stay, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here for a few days in April 2014. It's a big hotel and we were on the 34th floor, which had great views looking out up into the UPS and to the Hudson. Very comfortable room, great bed. Breakfast delivery into the room was excellent, it came on a little table trolley that you could set up as a table. It always arrived promptly. We had no real problems, they were a bit slow to stock up the mini bar but that was my only complaint with the hotel services. The bar area was extensive, a little pricey but nothing outrageous.

The only down side for me is that it's located so close to Times Sq. Now that may be a plus for you but I hate Times Sq and as an ex NYC dweller I just find it irritating. But on the plus side, there is a quiet subway entrance next door to the hotel. Perfect for escaping the Times Sq madness.

I'd definitely stay here again as the hotel itself was good quality, staff helpful but unobtrusive and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

1 Thank stevenr35
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Stevenr:

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental New York Times Square and for posting about your stay! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our plush guestrooms, scenic views, and scrumptious room service. Times Square is full of hustle and bustle, but we hope you had a chance to check out Restaurant Row and the somewhat quieter side of the Clinton neighborhood while you were here. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Good location and very nice welcome gift ( I had bottle of red wine and NY cheese board) although there's only one restaurant in the whole hotel. Anyway the food in this restaurant was OK and the ambience was nice, quite crowded at 7pm. I was upgraded to corner room with fantastic view from 31 level, the furniture was little bit old but the bed was good. The staff was helpful. I would recommend to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Danhminhtruong:

Thank you for your great review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your welcome amenity, city view, and our friendly service. We appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Great location, service and staff, cleanliness....we strongly recommend the corner rooms with view over the city.....we did not close the curtains at night, we were so captivated by the views...we were on 29th floor, room 26.... Next time, we'll ask for room 12 or 10 to face towards Times square...... Great buzz and cabs are always available.... Very helpful concierges.... See you again soon

Room Tip: Book corner rooms From 29th floor to guarantee views
1 Thank karenplecuirot
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Karen:

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the city view from your skyview guestroom and that our concierge team kept you "in the know". We hope to welcome you back soon!

Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I come to NYC many times a year and rotate hotels depending on the needs of the trip(business vs. Theater) I liked this hotel for the rooms, housekeeping and mainly seem less service and check in. One family member did not like shower only without bath and one time we had trouble getting hot water. Good location for theater. I am an ihg member and like intercontinental brand. Had some issues with the WiFi which was supposed to be complementary for ihg member and called front desk a few times to ensure I wouldn't be charged. However at checkout I was charged and it was more of a struggle than it should have been to get charges removed. Although they were removed, it wad a little nastier than it should have been. I would likely choose this hotel again but would work out the WiFi issue in advance

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank drosenb722
Dear Labgoreo:

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental New York Times Square for your recent stay! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed a seamless check-in, central location, and comfortable guestroom. We do apologize for the wifi issue that you encountered. We will review our training procedures with our team so that this does not occur in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.