“Location, location, location” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Location, location, location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great room. Service could be a little more accommodating, but good enough. My wife and I took our 4 year old for a long weekend and loved it for it's central location. The concierge is helpful and friendly and the rooms were very well appointed for NYC standards. Would

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank robby6
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Robby6:

Thank you for posting about your recent stay! We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your recent visit. Our Concierge team are experts on all things New York, and we will be sure to share your comments with them! We do apologize if some of our team members seemed less than friendly. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,219)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

My teenage daughter and a friend went with me to New York for their spring break. I had advantage miles with American Airlines which I used to pay for the hotel (I found very reasonable airfare with American). Even though technically I wasn't a paying guest, we were treated very special. I had some reservations about going but the hotel was perfect for three ladies traveling alone.
The excellent service started right at the front entrance with the best bellhops I have ever encountered. One of the bellhops even walked us to a nearby restaurant so we wouldn't get lost! The concierge and front desk were very friendly and helpful. Check in and out was a breeze. The location was ideal - it was great being so close to the action of Times Square without the crowds, noise, and lights. We didn't have an opportunity to eat at the hotel's restaurant because we were so busy, but we did order room service which was wonderful. Room service actually brought up a table with linens , and arranged it in our room. Again, the staff was friendly and helpful. I needed some tea for the Keurig machine which they promptly brought to us.
I had heard that New Yorkers were unfriendly, but we found it to be just the opposite. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Maureen4003:

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental New York Times Square for your girls' getaway! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff strive for the utmost in customer service, and we are glad to hear that they were able to acclimate you to the city. We hope to see you again in the future!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I can genuinely say I had a great stay! I was there on the weekend of my birthday on a business trip. Great check in and I was given a high floor plus a beautiful cake in my room. The rooms was clean, the shower was AMAZING and the staff were always willing to help. I had a late check out (due to my strugglin to get my case closed after all the shopping! LOL) Honestly a brilliant stay. Close to Times Square and other ameneties so great location. I was able to attend my meetings with ease.

Honestly, I am very picky when it comes to hotels, this hotel is exceptional and I would now not stay anywhere else when I'm in NY!

Room Tip: Room above the 20th floor for great views!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Shantelliamlove:

Thank you for spending your birthday with us, and for your great review! We are delighted to hear that we made your stay memorable. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This by far is the best hotel. The location is ideal. You can walk anywhere in just minutes. We saw a recommendation for this hotel on TripAdvisor and even told which room to stay in. I booked room 3510 for two days before our flight to Ireland and two days on our way back to DFW. The views from this room is absolutely the best. Bellmen are friendly and helpful. Housekeeping went beyond helpful. Will stay in this hotel and the same room again.

Room Tip: Stay in Room 3510. It has views of everything.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jessica B:

Thank you for your rave review! We are so glad you got to enjoy two recent stays with us. We look forward to being your "home away from home" here in New York City.

Gainesville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I booked this property for a getaway with my Family with my American Airlines Miles. Then Hurricane Sandy hit New York on the same day of my check-in date. Delta airline canceled my flight well because the airport was closed and I had no problem canceling everything else we were going to do even a show. However the InterContinental decided not to return my miles because of Hurricane Sandy. They said it wasn't an valid excuse. I couldn't even get to NYC to stay at the property. I will never use the Intercontinental brand again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank zosoboogie
Dear Zosoboogie:

We apologize greatly for any inconveniences surrounding your reservation. We did, in fact, waive all cancellation penalties during Hurricane Sandy. We would very much like to assist you in resolving this matter. We have sent you a direct message through TripAdvisor. Please reach out to our Executive Office so we may gather more details.

West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently had another opportunity to stay at the Intercontinental Times Square, and wow, this place is tremendous! In my prior review, I wrote about how beautiful this property is, and it's super location. All of that is still true! But in this review, I wanted to write about their customer service -- it's phenominal. Lucy, their reservation sales coordinator, is incredibly helpful and attentive to the needs of the guests! In addition to Lucy, the front desk staff and bellmen are great too! On one occasion, when my room wasn't quite ready -- I arrived well before check-in time -- the woman at the front desk offered to call me on my cell phone when my room was ready! On another stay, a bellman hailed a cab for me in the middle of 8th Avenue in the pouring rain! Truly exemplary service at every level! This is a great place to stay!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Japhen9609:

Thank you for the five-star review! We couldn't agree more about Lucy- she is a wonderful team member who exemplifies our commitment to service. We'll be sure to share your comments with our team members. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a room with two of our kids. It was cozy but we had more room than we thought we would. We loved being so close to Times Square. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear GCR2011:

Thank you for the rave review! We are delighted to hear that we made your family's stay memorable. We hope to welcome you back soon.