“Modern hotel in great location!”

InterContinental New York Times Square
Ranked #173 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Mechanicsburg, PA
“Modern hotel in great location!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful experience at check-in as the agent worked very hard to find us adjoining rooms as we had booked two rooms for our family of four. After many tries she found 2 corner rooms directly across from each other which was acceptable but not adjoining. Great city and Hudson River views from both rooms! Comfortable beds, plush towels and robes made for a wonderful stay. Short walk to theaters and restaurants. This was our 2nd stay and we would choose it again. I should mention that we are members of the ambassador club which adds nice amenities to your stay.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank SeaColonySue
Steve_Juscen, Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear SeaColonySue:

First and foremost, thank you for being a loyal InterContinental Ambassador! I also thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your words about our plush bedding, location, and our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,280)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights leaving today. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. The rooms are spacious & modern. The beds are so comfortable I'm not relishing returning to my own!! The shower is amazing & the rooms have tea/coffee facilities. Upon arrival the reception staff were friendly & accommodating, stating that our room on the 11th floor was ready but if we wanted to wait for a little while rooms on the 25th floor would be available. The wait was worth it & we had amazing views. The hotel overall was clean, classy, modern, great location & very festive. The only negative points were that the bar closes quite early, which isn't a massive problem as there are bars nearby. My main gripe is that the doormen are very overbearing & linger around you expecting a tip for just opening a door or wheeling your bag 4 feet to the reception. I understand that tipping is the done thing in NYC & is happily given when earnt, however, the doormen here made me feel uncomfortable on a couple of occasions. Overall though a great hotel which I would happily return too.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear CherLondon:

Thank you so much for the great review! We are delighted that you enjoyed our location, ambiance, and service. I do apologize if the bell or doorstaff seemed overbearing. We strive to offer exemplary service, and your comments help us to do so. We look forward to having you back soon.

West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I just returned from another great stay at the Intercontinental New York/Times Square! We stay at many hotels in the Intercontinental Hotel Group family, and this is our favorite!! The staff is wonderful -- starting with Lucy, the hotel's reservation sales coordinator, to the front desk staff and bellmen. All are exceptional. In addition to the terrific staff, the hotel itself is beautiful. It's a relatively new property, and the rooms are very well done; the shower head is even in the rain-shower style. The hotel's location is also perfect -- steps from Times Square and all of the theaters in the area, and also just steps from the many, excellent restaurants in the neighborhood. Again, I couldn't recommend the hotel more highly!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Japhen9609:

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty and for taking time to write such a lovely review about the InterContinental New York Times Square. I will be sure to share your comments with Lucy and the rest of our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the new year.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The position of his hotel is unbeatable and is a short walk from time square and next to the subway.

My wife and I and our daughter stayed at the intercontinental Time Square during December 2012 for 4 nights. I booked a superior suite with two double beds. The suite was large by NYC standards, had excellent beds and duvets and a sofa. The bathroom was large with show and bath and excellent value at the price.

The breakfast was excellent and the hotel spotlessly clean.

We will return!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a junior suite! The hotel is large ,so get a room close to the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Steve_Juscen, Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear brianpatterson273:

Thank you for the great review! I agree that our location is unbeatable. There is a multitude of entertainment, dining, and nightlife options all within blocks! Our plush guestrooms provide much needed rest after exploring the city. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

London
Reviewed December 21, 2012

From the minute we arrived the team were outstanding; warm, friendly, quick, bright, efficient knowledgeable ... I could go on! Best concierge team in the world and all round great experience! The bar is wonderful and has a real buzz! Great Hotel I absolutely love! Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear LauraFrith:

Thank you for the 5-star review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed our bar at Ca Va, as well as our concierge service. I'll be sure to share your comments with the team. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Essex
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here for 4 nights from December 9th through to December 13th. This stay was for our honeymoon. We booked our stay through the BA website along with our flights which totally came to £2070.00.
Before we left the UK I did email the hotel to let them know this trip was particularly special to us as it was our honeymoon . I had a lovely reply from a lady named Lucy. She assured us they would look after us when we arrived.
We arrived at the hotel at about 2pm after taking a cab from JFK. I am not sure what time check in is supposed to be from but luckily our room was ready straight away. We were lucky enough to be given a corner room on the top floor of the hotel. The views were amazing. From the window we could see parts of Hell’s Kitchen, the Hudson and the corner of Times Square. Our room number was 3625 on the 36th floor.
The bed was huge and so comfy, the bathroom was well equipped with everything you could need on your stay and it was also very clean. Most importantly for me as I am a very light sleeper is that the room was very quiet.
I would agree with pervious posters that the only slight annoying thing is the fact you have to pay for internet. We needed it so paid up. From memory I think it was $12.99 for 24 hours access.
After arriving we unpacked our suitcases then headed out to Central Park. Upon our return we were surprised in our room with a bottle of chilled Proseco and some large chocolate covered Strawberries. Delicious! There were given to us with the compliments of the hotel. Touches like this really made our stay so special.
The hotel offers a turndown service in the evenings which is a nice touch and the daily maid service was without fault.
This was our fourth trip to NY and each time we have visited we have stayed in different hotels. I would say that this was definitely our favourite. The staff we encountered were all super friendly, helpful and professional and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.
The location of the hotel for us couldn’t have been better. We walked everywhere from the hotel, to Central Park, Bloomingdales, Times Square, Port Authority Bus Terminal (to get a bus to Woodbury Common) plus many other places. Just below the hotel is a burger restaurant that forms part of a small chain/ franchise (not sure which) It’s called Shake Shack and my husband and I definitely recommend it. It’s delicious! For breakfast we went to the West Way diner which is just around the corner or to a Starbucks depending on how hungry we were.
Also right outside is the subway station which is very convenient.
All in all I would definitely give this hotel 9 out of 10, the only thing stopping it from getting a full 10 is the fact you have to pay for the internet.

Well done InterContinental and its staff for giving us some great memories.
If you have any questions about my trip or review please send me a private message. Hope this review has been helpful to you and thank you for reading.

Room Tip: If you have any spcial requests just email the hotel ahead of your trip and I'm sure they will h...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Buff_G
Dear Buff-G:

Congratulations, newlyweds! Thank you so much for sharing your honeymoon with us, as well as taking time to write such a lovely review. Lucy is a gem, and I will share your great feedback with her! Our staff takes great pride in providing a memorable experience, and I am delighted to hear that we made your stay special. We look forward to seeing you on your anniversary!

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have stayed here a couple of times for business and I would highly recommend this hotel. It is centrally situated. The rooms are very big- especially for New York. The beds are so amazing! We had just had a 27 hour journey to New York and this was the best surprise! The hotel restaurant is amazing. i have only had breakfast (you HAVE to try the French Toast- its like heaven) but the other people we were travelling with had dinner in the hotel 2 nights in a row they were so impressed. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Steve_Juscen, Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Tarryns495:
Thank you for the 5-star review! We are delighted to be a soothing oasis at the end of a long day. Thank you for your comments about Ca Va, our onsite restaurant. We hope that you have a chance to try dinner on your next stay – our Steak Frites are the talk of the town.