“very comfortable hotel”

InterContinental New York Times Square
Ranked #173 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was there for a business conference. superb room and service... and you pay for it. Very much enjoyed my stay. They have valet parking which is very convenient. Health club on the third floor, wireless internet access costs extra.... that should really be included if a room costs $400.

Room Tip: the higher up the more quiet it is...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank businessadvisor2
Steve_Juscen, Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear BusinessAdvisor2:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed both our ambiance and our service. Our staff is our greatest asset. Thank you for your comments regarding the wifi service. Due to the demand of our business travelers, we have installed additional routers and extra bandwidth to ensure a superior connection in our guestrooms. While we do find it necessary to charge a nominal fee for this service, we trust that you will find the signal and strength to be a vast improvement over slower, free services. We look forward to your next stay, whether it is business or leisure!

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,577)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

For the price per night the hotel is great. Good size rooms , luxurious bathrooms , decent amount of natural light , decent location ....all in all very good. Service and professionalism is record to none

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Emma S:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our guestrooms, our location, and most of all, our service. I will be sure to share your words with our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Spent last weekend at the Intercontinental Times Square. We loved it. We arrived very early Friday morning but they already had a room ready for us. Room was great. Two double beds. And as everyone says.....the beds were super-comfortable! Much appreciated after wandering around NYC all day! The shower was great too! And we had a great view from the 20th floor. Only complaint about the room was that there is no mirror outside of the bathroom. It would be helpful if there was one in the actual bedroom or behind the door so that everyone is not fighting over the mirror to get ready! Staff were very attentive and very helpful. Location was great for everything! My only complaint about the whole experience was the price of wifi! VERY expensive. We didn't bother with it. Just used wifi throughout NYC if it happened to be available. Why spend all of that money to put fancy computers in every room when most people travel with some sort of internet device (phone, laptop, iPad)? It would have been more convenient if free wifi was provided instead. But overall, we loved it and I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in NYC!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lainie

Dear Lainie:

Thank you so much for taking time to post about your recent stay! We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit here at the InterContinental New York Times Square. With our central location, the best in dining, entertainment, and shopping are all steps away! I also thank you for your comments regarding wifi. While we do charge a nominal fee, we trust that you will find the connection to be of a superior quality. Your suggestion for full-length mirrors is certainly something we will consider. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just returned from yet another great stay at the InterContinental NY at 44th St and 8th Ave in New York City. And again, i couldn't have been happier with my stay there. The staff is simply great, the location couldn't be better especially if you love to be near the theaters. You're right there, just a few footsteps from tons of theaters and only a block away from Times Square. Even the subway station is next door, couldn't be any closer!!!
As far as I am concerned, opening this Intercontinental Hotel just a few years ago was a perfect choice. Highly recommended!!!!!!

Room Tip: The view (either city or Hudson river) gets better the higher up your room is but of course the high...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dieoma
Steve_Juscen, Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Dieoma:

Thank you for your posting and your kind words! We take great pride in having a wonderful team, and I will ensure that your comments are shared with the staff. I agree that our location is unbeatable. With so many great new shows debuting this fall, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had a lovely experience during our stay at this hotel. The staff was fast and courteous upon our arrival. Our rooms were nice, clean, modern decor with the most wonderful comfortable beds ever! Super great showers! Quiet relaxing atmosphere. Would surely book at this hotel again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Steve_Juscen, Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Kaymarie24:

Thank you for the great feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at the InterContinental New York Times Square, and I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was really impressed with the decor of all areas of this hotel. Whilst not cheap (what hotel room in New York is?) I found the modern furnishings of the public areas and the rooms really lovely. We were upgraded to a corner room as my husband is an Ambassador member and the room and views were just outstanding. I find hotel rooms in New York notoriously small and yes, these rooms were not spacious either but the well thought out setting in the room and the floor to ceiling corner windows gave the feeling of spaciousness. The bed was divine and gave us a wonderful nights sleep.
I had drinks in the bar area off the lobby after a day of shopping. I was there alone while my husband made his way back to the hotel and the staff were friendly and kept checking on me. It was a great place to just sit back and relax. They served some nice wines by the glass. As soon as they noticed my Husband had arrived they came to take his order. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trekker065

Dear Trekker065:

Thank you so much for the accolades. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here at the InterContinental New York Times Square. Our Fireside Lounge is the perfect spot to unwind after a busy day in the city. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Having been a guest of a number of hotels in Manhattan, it would be fair to say that this is my best experience yet. Intercontinental Hotel at Times Square is situated practically in the heart of it all, only 1 block away of the wonderful and ever exciting Times Square area. The hotel itself is a nice building some feet from the intersection of 44th and 8th streets, steps away you will find a subway station, and across the street you will find a parking lot.

Rooms are very well appointed, and quite ample for New York standards; you will find bath robes, courtesy slippers, a computer with Internet (for a fee) and information of the hotel and New York.

TV screen is large with a wide variety of channels; large bathroom with all amenities you would find in the best hotels.

We were very fortunate to be assisted by very friendly hotel assistants, from the Front Desk where Emanuel was very helpful and friendly, to bell staff who assisted us very efficiently upon checking in and checking out.

Room Service was extraordinary, the food which was of excellent quality, it was delivered fast by a friendly and efficient waiter.

Doormen are always available and very helpful with assistance and directions.

Yes... I am talking about a hotel in New York: clean, well located, friendly staff, ample rooms, great service, good food... Even the most expensive hotels in Manhattan not always meet all these expectations. This hotel does. According to my experience, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank WorldYeye

Dear WorldYeye:

Thank you so much for the great review! I am thrilled to hear that we not only met, but exceeded your expectations. I especially enjoy hearing accolades for Emanuel and our other staff members. Our team members share a common goal to provide a memorable experience. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. We look forward to being your new “home” in Manhattan.